TX meet 2013

0966Sy

Code what?
Guys I'd like to apologize for waiting so long to announce anything. I'd like to keep this routine going every year around June-August so those who missed last year this year is still possible. Same place, same schedule. Racetrack Saturday at lil river, stay the night and BBQ/ show Sunday at lake belton. So chime in if your down, I'll have my Ty this year and several other local trucks that didn't make it last year. So if you can spare a Saturday and Sunday to meet in central Texas. Just a bunch of good people, good food and good time then chime in when is NOT a good weekend for you. I'm thinking August will work best this year, allowing more time to prepare.

jharrison

Re: TX meet 2013

I know I already text you, but just to have all the info in one place, I'm down for any weekend in either July or August. Next month I'll be out of state for work for a few weekends, then I'll be out for a vacation cruise.

jharrison

Last year Erik had a group deal going with a hotel near the track, then he rented a pavillion at the lake.

0966Sy

Code what?
Yes the area is really centrally located. Belton lake is very nice and provided enough seating for everyone and plenty of parking right in front of the pavilion. Also very close drive to hotels/track. I will check my calendar when I get home. I'm thinking one of the last 3 weekends in August. I will also need to check the availability of the pavilion for that Sunday and go from there. There are a few to choose from at different locations around the lake but that one was perfect!

KyS10

Donating Member

Depending on if I'm deployed and if my Ty is up to a 7 hour trip I'd love to make it. I haven't seen another SyTy in person since I bought mine.

KyS10

Donating Member

I'm originally from Louisville, Ky. But I now reside in Clovis, Nm. It's just on the other side of the Tx/Nm border, about 1:45 from Lubbock.

high psi

Ill be coming from just south of Lubbock (midland) KY S10. Belton area isn't too bad a drive.

If ya ever get to the midland Odessa area give me a shout.

elorejas

im down for august any week I will get days of in advance and since I have the syclone with me in dumas I will drive it over there. And KyS10 we should meet up one weekend im around the amarillo area and have my syclone with me.

KyS10

Donating Member

High psi, I'll let you know next time in in that area.

Elorjas, sounds good. I try to made it up to Amarillo Dragway whenever I can for TNT. They seem to have the best prepped track around here. I think the next one is on the 1st. I likely won't have the Ty with me then though, unless my wife wants to drive it. I'll be running my HHR next time I make it up there.

Jimmy

Banned

OT:

Texas is the hottest place I've ever been in my life,and I've been to Vegas,Palm Springs and Death Valley.

In Texas you have to boil the water just to cool it down enough to drink.

Belee dat.

KyS10

Donating Member

Haha. Yeah, it was a shock, to say the least, when I moved from a place where everything is green and hilly and there is nice weather nearly year round to a place where everything is dead, flat, and hot.

0966Sy

Code what?

Ok Yall' Just booked our reservation! Please forgive me for not giving 6 month notice like last year. I want to keep this going year to year so I had to step up before it was too late. As mentioned this will take place between June-August every year. Next year we can vote on a date like last year and begin planning in January/Febuary. Here are the details below for this year!

When: Saturday & Sunday August 10th-11th
Where: Belton, TX. Stillhouse Hollow Lake-Dana Peak Pavilion/Campgrounds
Little River Dragway

I had to choose this weekend based on the track schedule at Little River Dragway. They are only having one Saturday street night in August. Saturday August 10th. I talked to Kirk the racetrack manager and he said gates will probably open at 6 and racing from 7pm-11/12pm. The Saturday night racing was our best bet for cooler weather and more racing.

Here is the pic of the pavilion I reserved for us, same as last year. We occupy it sunday 8am-9pm, I will be there at daylight starting the BBQ for lunch like last year.

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/st...on Pictures/SH_DPPK_Comanche Pav 051710.3.JPG

I decided to camp at site 25 right next to the pavilion so I can wake up and start cooking vs checking out of a hotel and driving there to start cooking by 7am like last year. (sucked) Campsites are open for saturday night as of now, they will fill up as time gets closer. If you guys want to stay at a Hotel saturday night vs the camping thing I can provide some suggestions later. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last year that was nice and reasonable, very close to the track/lake. Link to the camping at Stillhouse Hollow Lake, TX below. Reservations must be made through recreation.gov There are only 8 campsites available here so splitting with others is wise $16 a campsite, 2 vehicles per site and I beleive 8 people per site allowed. I reserved site 25 so now 7. Electric outlets are available at each site along with tap water.

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/stillhouse/Recreation/Camping/primitive areas.asp

For those interested in the track, here is there website:

http://littleriverdragway.com/

FYI the track is also open friday evening for Test n' Tune, Im thinking about taking off work and camping two nights to hit the track Friday too.

I'll see what I can do about some T-shirts

Last edited:

0966Sy

Code what?

OT:

Texas is the hottest place I've ever been in my life,and I've been to Vegas,Palm Springs and Death Valley.

In Texas you have to boil the water just to cool it down enough to drink.

Belee dat.

Your more than welcome anytime Jimmy.....I'll boil your water for you

0966Sy

Code what?
Hotel I stayed at last year,

la Quinta inn & suits
229 W Loop 221, Belton TX
254-939-2772
Francis is who I talked to last year to get a group rate.

I'm camping Saturday, may book a room Friday to come in and do some early friday night racing. Also I just realized I had to book this meet for the same weekend as Nats, whoops! Lol

Last edited:

budmann2002

sounds like i may have to make this but it will only be a day trip. wife will be working so it will be me and the son

0966Sy

Code what?
Not to sure if its worth doing a round of shirts. I know I sold quite a few last year but most who purchased didn't show. Thinking of something new, I'll see how much interest this thread brings and decide from there.

elorejas

im going for sure got a job closer to it just south of San Antonio. And you should make a batch of shirts I will buy some

0966Sy

Code what?
im going for sure got a job closer to it just south of San Antonio. And you should make a batch of shirts I will buy some

Great! Hoping to get this yearly event turning out more and more Texans each year. I've got a few local guys also wanting to go that do not post here, just lurk occasionally. I've got a lot of work to get done before the meet, I'll see what I can do for some new shirts. If not we could always sport last years. Lol