Typhoon Bolt in 4 Link Success

heavy breather

FBI enforcer
Re: Typhoon Bolt in 4 Link Success

Stock has been ordered and we plan to install a kit in the next two weeks, which will provide install pictures and instructions. Once the instructions are finished, we'll begin shipping kits.

I am trying to get a deal on shocks and springs to pass along with the kits. This may be available through JSM, or manufacturer direct, still in progress. I don't have any solid details just yet, but will make it public when I do.

We will not take money for kits until they are ready to ship. If you want a kit email or pm me, and include the words "put me on the list" so there is no confusion. I will put the list together in the order the request was received and you will be notified of your position on the list and an expected completion time frame. You'll be contacted when your kit is ready once payment is made the parts will ship.

nallj92

I have contacts at viking performance if you need some help putting together a rear coilover double adjustable setup.

heavy breather

FBI enforcer

First production kit is complete and will be installed Saturday pending arrival of the coil overs from Viking.

We will post up pictures/instructions from the install after its complete.

Also, we have decided to make Viking our shock of choice with the kits and will supply them at our cost with the purchase of any suspension. We understand there are brand loyalties and preferences, so we will work with anyone choosing a different brand coil over. We encourage everyone to buy from syty vendors and will work with you should any questions arise.

Development of the Syclone rear end will be priority one once the current orders for the Typhoon four link have been filled. We expect to make announcements regarding the Sy kit within the coming weeks.

heavy breather

FBI enforcer

I just ordered a set of warriors for Tyson with upgraded bearing ends, and 14 inch springs bill was $421 plus freight. Retail I've seen is 469-489 for their basic warrior with rubber bushings instead of the bearings.

These are spec'd for these trucks in this kit, and will allow adjustment from two inches between the tire and cladding up to nearly stock height while staying in the sweet spot of the shock stroke length. Other spring rates are available, as well as other shocks.

SpoolingTurbo6

Donating Member

first thing people will wanna know is what does it feel like. " feels like .... it's on rails man "

If I had just one word I would describe it as CONFIDENT. it really makes the truck more confident in a turns and launches. It plants and sticks corners like it's on rails. Body roll is 90% gone.

Pro's
It no longer resembles a dog scooting it's butt across the floor. The soft stock Springs are gone, the inadequate stock shocks, replaced with new, better, technology that's completely customizable to whatever you want to do.
From stability and handling point of view it's a night and day difference between the prior steps I've taken to get handling dialed in from stock/ modified 2" lower ride height/ beltech swaybar, and beltech drop shocks.

Coilovers.
JSM sourced a great coilover to use with this setup. Viking really put together a great shock here. Through working with Viking and getting the right combinations of Springs, shocks, travel lengths etc JSM has built a great 4link system that takes full advantage of all of these. And put them into a great adjustable kit for a weekend wrench session.

Adjustability.
The travel on the shock, and the hundreds of combinations, you will definitely find the sweet spot for everyday driving to course, or strip.. From Cadillac soft, daily driving, drag race, to autocross stiff. In just 30 min we had the Typhoon riding exactly how I wanted

MotoCam360

I'm excited for this kit. Put me on the list please for the TY kit

Last edited:

Syclone0565

CustomMulticades.com

I will take a Syclone kit as soon as one is ready. I will even drive up there (seeing your only about an hour away) and pay you to install it :) Just kidding. Please keep me in the loop. Thanks

JSM

Someone asked on facebook about downsides to the kit, below is my response to that.

We do have another test truck coming in this weekend I am excited about, as it will have coilover front and rear, and all new shocks installed and tested for all to see. After that is done, production will began on the typhoon kits. When those orders are filled, it will be adapted to the syclone.

As the engineer behind this, I see 2 downsides. #1 is obvious it costs money and I am like everyone else and try to get best I can for my money. #2 is it will require some custom exhaust work/tailpipe modification. For those with Borla, Sportmachines, etc it will require someone to modify it. We did prove it can be done with Tyson's, but I personally don't have plans to get into the exhaust line of work. For me to solve the exhaust issue would require design changes that would reduce the performance of the suspension. From a ride and handling, launching standpoint it has exceeded my expectations. I wanted Tyson Sean to be able to give his honest evaluation though. I have waiting for many years as a syty owner to see if someone would design a kit and it never happened. I have had this design rolling around in my head for many years and finally made it happen. I can't wait for more to install this and give feedback as Mike and I have worked real hard and spent many many hours refining and tweaking things to fit, just as I did on the front coilover design I did 10+ years ago.

GEMELLI

The Best of Both Worlds

That was me that asked about the cons. As far as I'm concerned, the money thing isn't really a downside. That's inevitable, and pretty reasonable considering what went into the kit. The exhaust, I suppose could be I small deterrent, but certainly not enough to keep anyone from considering what sounds like a huge improvement. This is awesome!

SpoolingTurbo6

Donating Member

Jeff, I don't see cost being a downside for a modification / upgrade. I think everyone realizes it will cost to lighten the truck and make it handle better. IMO.

exhaust reroute. Yes it's a necessity if you want it going out the rear. You proved it can be done. But some may do a turn down. And that would be a savings.

A good exhaust shop should charge $125/200.
Nice bends, quality pipe, good welds. Mater of fact I wouldn't pay more than that.

protechmn

I will take a ty kit. I sent a pm, on the fb page. Just wanted to make sure I'm on the list.

JSM

We are planning to start taking orders any day. www.jsmachineandfab.com is setup with shopping cart. There is a discount on shocks for the next week or so shown on page.

Parts will be shipping april 4th.

Syclone0565

CustomMulticades.com

Nice job. Let me know when the one for the Syclone is ready and I will be at your door with the cash.

JSM

Nice job. Let me know when the one for the Syclone is ready and I will be at your door with the cash.

Soon, need to fulfill the typhoon orders first. Being it won't be a full redesign, it should be a lot quicker effort.