What are you doing to get ready for Carlisle 2015

mattw

Yesterday I washed my truck, checked all of the lights, fixed a broken fog lamp, checked all fluids, tire pressure, etc. I need to finish installing all of the mounting cups for my door cladding then I am going to take it for an inspection this week... Hoping it passes...

IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1166.JPG

IMG_1167.JPG

SY-1193

Re: What are you doing to get ready for Carlisle 2015

TY to do list:
Motor Mounts with the engine in. Fun. ~Done
Aluminum Drums / 7/8" manual wheel cylinders / All secondary shoes installed ~Done
Installed ATR Headers. ~Done
3" Downpipe. ~Done
3" Cat Delete. ~Done
PA State inspection/emissions ~passed Done
3" Borla Rear section exhaust. ~Done
Innovate WBO2. ~Done.
Ostrich2 w/Bluetooth Wireless ~Done
Code 59 ~Done

I didn't get to the suspension items I wanted to ran outta $$$.

(keeping stock turbo so I can run in "Stock Turbo" class @Nationals)

IMG_4027_zpsiyqtgvn3.jpg

Motor mounts looked like a burnt marshmallow and had engulfed the bolts. My fan is now perfectly centered in the shroud with the new mounts. Fan was hitting on the bottom.

Last edited:

gary sy

Think my fuel pump is going hope I don't need to do that before Carlisle :rant:, fixed some leeks and changed the trans fluid it was ouerdue too! Also did oil change need to wax and clean her up real good too ��

Last edited:

MikeRenz

not stock

Tuning to make it a bit more driveable and a little less pig rich. Pretty sure I fouled a plug the other day. Then i need to unmount a tire to fix the valve stem, remount it, then attempt an inspection. Have some other things that would be nice to do, but aren't deal breakers (make the tach work, rewire power, rewire fuel pump, etc).

I washed it the other day, but it needs a full detail inside and out.

We'll see how busy July is to see what kind of buttoning up progress i can make. Right now i'm pretty cobbled together, but that's ok becuase it seems to work.

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY

Kicking myself for selling Syclone 1548. :( :doh: :banghead:

Captain Morgan

Moderated User

Nothing. I put the Garnet on the back burner again, have so much going on right now that I doubt Ill even get to Carlisle even without a truck.

vinnieTy

TY # 1889

Items my son and I have completed so far:

New NGK UR5 plugs
New MSD cap and rotor
Oil change
Tranny external filter change
Purple wire fixed and a new battery cable.
Installed the Forge Billet wastgate but still need to adjust the rod for the boost it is set to high.

What is still outstanding.
A detail at least for what i can remember. I have a list created at home in the garage. :D

graham1524

Hoping to get it back in time from the shop. If not just put gas in my ford

gary sy

We need to put new shocks on Noelle,s pink ty also!:tup::tup:

mattw

Taking it for an inspection 9:00 AM on Friday. This will be the 1st time I've driven it on the street since I've installed:

4l80E Transmission
3200 Stall Coan converter
New ECM and harness to control 80e
Borg Warner 4472 32 spline AWD case
New(shortened) front drive shaft
8.5" rear with new ring/pinion/bearings/seals/etc
Cladding

mattw

It passed inspection.. :)

All of the new parts seem to be working quite nicely. The only issue is my VC is either really tight or locked up. I'm hoping it just got tight from sitting on a shelf for nearly 10 years... If it doesn't loosen up after a bit of driving I'll either be buying a new one or swapping out the one that is in an Astro Van case that I have..

IMG_1176.JPG

I'll be towing it to Carlisle with the Expedition in the background of that pic..

TittyTy

Donating Member

Pulled off the cover , vacuumed it out, cleaned the interior, and started it up to let the juices circulate since it just sits there. Also picked up a new winch and break away box for the Ty trailer.

2500avalanche

Put a TCI pan on it, changed u-joints, took it out, and it runs smoother now (esp 1-2 shift)

mattw

I pulled the transfer case out. I've driven it quite a bit the past week and it never loosened up like I'd hoped it would. As it turns out it never would have freed up considering what I found. My planetary assembly is toast and there was a nice chunk of gear in there locking everything together:

Broken%20Planetary%202.JPG

Broken%20Planetary%203.JPG

IMG_1207.JPG

I had to call Tom to figure this out but this is how you get your viscous coupler off of the shaft:

Pressing%20out%20VC.JPG

So the good news is I ordered a new VC the other day and I have another spare case out of an Astro Van. I am going to use the guts from the astro van case(the chain is way tighter) with the new VC and the 32 spline output shaft and tail housing from the Bravada case. I'm hoping the VC shows up this week as I'm out of town the next two weeks, get back for a couple days, then its time to head to Carlisle..

mswerb

I thought I had lost my mind when I first looked at these pictures. 4 DOORS?!?
Yesterday I washed my truck, checked all of the lights, fixed a broken fog lamp, checked all fluids, tire pressure, etc. I need to finish installing all of the mounting cups for my door cladding then I am going to take it for an inspection this week... Hoping it passes...

IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1166.JPG

IMG_1167.JPG

TyMom1754

My wonderful husband is putting my new shocks on and doing new plugs in my ty