Workaround for 3rd party hosting block by Photobucket?

coupecustom

Since Photobucket has decided to removed free 3rd party hosting, all of my pictures and many other members photos are no longer showing in our threads. Is there any known workaround other than shelling out $400 dollars to photobucket?

I've seen some threads have not been affected, yet have photobucket as well...is that just a matter of time?

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Workaround for 3rd party hosting block by Photobucket?

I use Dropbox. I don't know where they start charging but for the little I post it's free.

Mephisto

These trucks are cursed

use facebook... I've abandoned all social media, but I have no issues using a dummy account on that BS site for pic hosting.

fauXGT

Brick Pilot

I have to really DIG in this site to find my old threads (for some reason, it is NOT just an easy 'search' with the new site), but the pics hosted thru Photomonkey are still viewable.....for now. But any time I go to Photomonkey, it gives me the "Warning....Warning" about how they will dump them unless I pay up. Interesting to see if enough people quit them what would they think.

Piss off the masses, and you lose clients/revenue.

coupecustom

Exactly, whole lot a good there massive ad campaign does when people like me no longer log into their site to see them.

syclone809

Is it possible to remove the pics from your PB acct and save them elsewhere? Google drive, Cloud,etc.? I read you can now post directly to the thread without a host site. I never liked the way PB worked, several times while viewing pics on this site of members trucks or going to their acct to view parts for sale, ads would disrupt it so bad it was like a virus and I would have to force close my browser. Never trusted it or felt secure.

Anarchy99

You should be able to log onto your photobucket account and save the pics directly to your computer. I was planning on doing that at some point on mine, just gotta find time to do it since ive got around 47 pages i think in there.

TGO

Is it possible to remove the pics from your PB acct and save them elsewhere? Google drive, Cloud,etc.? I read you can now post directly to the thread without a host site. I never liked the way PB worked, several times while viewing pics on this site of members trucks or going to their acct to view parts for sale, ads would disrupt it so bad it was like a virus and I would have to force close my browser. Never trusted it or felt secure.
Sure. You can download your albums to your computer in one shot.

IDK I use photobucket and don't have any issues. It must be for people who really host a lot of stuff.

Honestly I'd probably wait a little while before doing anything drastic. They should back off this premium membership thing once they realize all the free business they're giving to their competition.

keith455

Average Joe
Staff member

in chrome install this extension called Photobucket Hotlink Fix
Photobucket Hotlink Fix - Chrome Web Store

for firefox users
Photobucket Hotlink Fix :: Add-ons for Firefox

and a work around w/o using plug-ins for new posts or if you want to modify your current posts is:
IF you add ~original to the link for each photo just before this [/img], 3rd party hosting will work.
The above should work for
IE 11 and newer.

Aeroking

e.i.
why do you need a work around? You just copy the picture address, and do a

Instead of using another service.