looking to replace the stock speakers???

1madgumby

New member
What is A all around good speakers to replace the stock ones? IM not really lookig to break the windows out or anything like that. just want it to sound good. got A new sony 200Watt stereo. Stockers suck sence there 16 years old.
 

warmpancakes

New member
Re: looking to replace the stock speakers???

there are no good rear speakers that will fit behind the grills, unl;ess you go component, dash a few options price?
 

psmvchaser

Member
Re: looking to replace the stock speakers???

there are no good rear speakers that will fit behind the grills, unl;ess you go component, dash a few options price?

You should here my system and see what you think.

I have Boston Acoustic CX8 5x7's in the rear and Eclipse 8462A 4x6's in the front. Backed up by good amps and 2 10's. It screams.

Oh, sorry I forgot you have a Sy not a Ty.
 

1madgumby

New member
Re: looking to replace the stock speakers???

I have A TY. bring it to the dust off so I can check it out..
 

absintheisfun

1993 TY 0722
Re: looking to replace the stock speakers???

I got a new setup all the way around, and the install guys put 4" Infinity Kappa's in where the 6x9's go because of the shallow space. I was kind of worried that they would sound like crap, but I'm pretty damn impressed so far. The added bonus is that there is no spacer plate required, and it looks completely stock.

I had the audio completely reworked all the way around:

4x6 Infinity Reference in the front
4" Infinity Kappa's in the back seat
10" sub in the back with a small amp.

I listen to metal and industrial, so I was not looking for a bass factory, just something to make my music sound good.

I'll try and get some pics of the mounting plate tomorrow.
 

Sy-1177

Turbo Inside
Re: looking to replace the stock speakers???

What is A all around good speakers to replace the stock ones? IM not really lookig to break the windows out or anything like that. just want it to sound good. got A new sony 200Watt stereo. Stockers suck sence there 16 years old.
Whats the difference, you're not going to be able to hear it over that 4" muffler anyways!! :lol:
 

cloneman315

Active member
Re: looking to replace the stock speakers???

i found that lanzar 6x9 fit in the rear and i have lanzar in the dash fit fine
 
Top