Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

ViciousV6

400HP/550FTLB
Well we have been to the track twice in the last 2 weeks trying to make some small improvements. Two weeks ago the truck weighed in @ 4006lbs w/me it ran 12.48 & 12.45 and another run that they reset the tree before i left. Both passes were around 109mph and 1.85 60's. So we pulled some parts off front sway bar, changed rear springs, and the truck weighed in @ 3864 lbs and we went 1.85 60' 12.08 et @ 112.81 mph and the second i stepped it up on the launch and got some bad wheel hop 1.76 60' 12.04 et @ 111.96 mph. Looking @ the data log we were only 65% throttle til 660 and then went 100% becasue of the wheel hop.

All passes were done on Nitto 555r drag radials, Gt35R turbo A2A intercooler and 13lbs of boost. Only change was the weight.

Here the videos!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N9EU2p8ECU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdCiwmBpfrA
 

Deanzsyclone

New member
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

Nice times, kind of looks like you pushed through the brakes on the 1st video.
 

ViciousV6

400HP/550FTLB
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

deanzsyclone said:
Nice times, kind of looks like you pushed through the brakes on the 1st video.

Yea i did, i am installing my SSBC Twin calipers again the stock calipers i thought might be the same but i did get 10-5-11 lbs on the foot brake @ my house and on the stock calipers only get 5-6lbs on foot brake. My second pass on Friday night 12.04 was leaving on 6lbs of boost. The second video you can hear my tires breaking loose. Which was the first pass @ 12.08 amd i only left on 1 lb. We are working on one small issue @ a time.

Ralph
ViciousV6
 

Deanzsyclone

New member
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

I had to add a vacum canister to up my vacum for my brakes. My cam was stealling it all. Now they work great. Good runs, nice to see you take out that Lightning.
 

ViciousV6

400HP/550FTLB
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

deanzsyclone said:
I had to add a vacum canister to up my vacum for my brakes. My cam was stealling it all. Now they work great. Good runs, nice to see you take out that Lightning.

Thanks Dean
Have you had your truck to the track yet! I know i watched the video of its homecoming.

I am hoping to get it into the mid 11's on 13lbs and then work toward a tune on race gas or meth and get into the 10's.

Ralph
ViciousV6
 

Deanzsyclone

New member
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

ViciousV6 said:
Thanks Dean
Have you had your truck to the track yet! I know i watched the video of its homecoming.

I am hoping to get it into the mid 11's on 13lbs and then work toward a tune on race gas or meth and get into the 10's.

Ralph
ViciousV6

No havn't been to the track yet. Still tweaking some issues. Some time next year I'm sure. I'll post a better video of it's acceleration in the near future. I'm sure youll make tens, just make sure you get a video of it.
 

SBNova

New member
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

4006 lbs with you in it, how does that weight compare to a stock Ty? It the video it looks like a full truck, is it stripped out?
 

ViciousV6

400HP/550FTLB
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

SBNova said:
4006 lbs with you in it, how does that weight compare to a stock Ty? It the video it looks like a full truck, is it stripped out?

Well it is a full truck! Full interior, all sheet metal(except hood) but i took off the front sway bar, and changed to lowered rear leafs 2 instead of 4 and installed cal-tracs. @ weeks ago the truck weighed 4006 and last night it weighed 3864. I have had the A/C united removed, (all) also the ABS has been removed, Dequcik A2A unit. of course i weigh about 225-230 so if your just trying to figure the truck weight. I am in the process of lighten it some more i wanna get it down to about 3650-3700 with me in it.

Maybe new wheels M/T Alloy racing wheels, remove the insulator under the carpet, maybe drop the torsion bars and install coilover spring set-up.

My goal is to run mid to low 11's on 13-14 lbs of boost. I have ran 11.9 @ 113 with truck before i took the weight out just gotta get the right lauch but very consistant times now.

Ralph
ViciousV6
 

ViciousV6

400HP/550FTLB
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

QUICK STORM said:
is this on pump gas only?

93 Octane Pump gas! I am hoping to go back to the track this Friday. Raceway Park has closed for the season so now i am off to Atco this Friday to see if we can get it into the mid 11's. Hope to get the best out of it on pump gas and over the winter a few additional Tunes and some race gas and more boost it should be in the 10"s.

Ralph
ViciousV6
 

LIL QIK

HELL YEA I GOT BOOST!
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

Impressive Ralph....

Thanks for the details on the weight issues. It really helps me decide on the route I want to go with things.
 

92 Ty 1173

Active member
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

Is ATCO open all year? When I had mine to the grove I was lauching @10 psi but had to pump the brakes quite a bit, Stock binders. 10 was too much, the rear tires were spinning at launch.
 

ViciousV6

400HP/550FTLB
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

92 Ty 1173 said:
Is ATCO open all year? When I had mine to the grove I was lauching @10 psi but had to pump the brakes quite a bit, Stock binders. 10 was too much, the rear tires were spinning at launch.

I think Atco is open tile like 1st or 2nd weekend in Dec. then they close and reopen in March or maybe it Feb. but really early.

I will be there tonight and i will have new video for everyone to see how the truck works, hoping with the Cal-Trac corrected this will now help me do better 1.6 60' and go mid 11.'s on 13lbs. WE WILL SEE!

Later
Ralph
ViciousV6
 

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

Goodluck today!
BTW are you able to heat up the Nitto's?
Did they seem to spin when you ran it last time?
I take it, you are not running an alky set-up?
Thanks!
 

ViciousV6

400HP/550FTLB
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

ViciousV6 said:
I think Atco is open tile like 1st or 2nd weekend in Dec. then they close and reopen in March or maybe it Feb. but really early.

I will be there tonight and i will have new video for everyone to see how the truck works, hoping with the Cal-Trac corrected this will now help me do better 1.6 60' and go mid 11.'s on 13lbs. WE WILL SEE!

Later
Ralph
ViciousV6

Well the night sucked, Track was not prepped, everyone was spinning! but here is the best run of the night!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5xGOk-Z0JI

Ralph
ViciousV6
 

ViciousV6

400HP/550FTLB
Re: Getting close to 11's on 13lbs of boost!

deanzsyclone said:
Still a good job. Man that evo got out of the hole real nice.

Truck is definately leaving better all night i was pulling 1.7 60' times. They just didn't prep the track since it was all street cars. I was spinning pretty back out of the hole, the first pull which wasn't recorderd but the rest was coutesy of Tara (thanks again for the good video) Hey Don "hint" "hint" she likes my camera! Got 4 runs in could of had as many as 6 or 7 but had to give truck time to cool down.

1st pull 1.85 60' 7.7 in 1/8 and 12.1 @ 112.61 mph
2nd pull 1.73 60' 7.8 in 1/8 and 12.2 @ 111.90 mph
3rd pull screwed up but pulled 1.73 60'
4th pull 1.93 60' 7.9 in 1/8 and 12.3 @ 111.82 mph

all on pump gas and 13-13.5 lbs of boost.

my best @ atco was on Oct 5th 1.79 60' 7.6 in 1/8 and 11.98 @ 113.10 mph
on same pump gas and boost only different was stop rear leafs and comp engineering slide link bars. and warmer track.

So we try again in a week or two!

Ralph
ViciousV6
 
Top