Problem with 75lber

denny

Active member
I installed a 75lb chip, modded ecm and injectors today but its not working, the truck won't start. I am trying to figure out which one is bad.

The chips is Phil 75lber I bought from MARKING here
http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45175&highlight=long+chip
and the ecm from from typhoon92 which I think he from qbnkiller here http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41637
The injectors are new from RPM.

Since the chip and ecm are used (no warranty) I am not sure what to do, looking for ideas.

Thanks
 

George Blake

DONATING MEMBER
Re: Problem with 75lber

Hook the ecm up to Datamaster and see if it will hook up with the ignition turned on. That boots the ecm. If you are getting no data from the ecm, then it's shot. Back up. Look at the ecm B fuse. It's probably blown. Put a 10 amp fuse in there. See if it starts. If it does, problem solved. Pretty common with the injector driver upgrade because the driver in the ecm will pull more amps to fire the injector now.
 

denny

Active member
Re: Problem with 75lber

Thanks guys, I will hook up datamaster tomorrow. I was thinking to do that but then I got discouraged, all I was thinking was to put back the 50lb. You know when you get that empty feeling inside, shit don't work and you start thinking what you could have done differently.

qbnkiller modded the ECM .
I have a 15a fuse on the ECM and its good, that was the first thing I checked, both ecm fuse are ok

One other thing, the remote switcher on the chip is not displaying anything, it just have 6 little dots. I tried it with out the remote (unplug the cable), same thing.

I will see what I can get done tomorrow, there is a big storm heading for NY might not get anything done.

Thanks
Denny
 

denny

Active member
Re: Problem with 75lber

cloneman315 said:
u should do the power wire upgrade for the ecm so it wont blow fuses in the future

I will when i get this strightned out, I saw the post with E, Phil and your wirte on it. I read most of the post related to 75lber and modded ecm in the last few weeks.

Denny
 

denny

Active member
Re: Problem with 75lber

George Blake said:
Hook the ecm up to Datamaster and see if it will hook up with the ignition turned on. That boots the ecm. If you are getting no data from the ecm, then it's shot. Back up. Look at the ecm B fuse. It's probably blown. Put a 10 amp fuse in there. See if it starts. If it does, problem solved. Pretty common with the injector driver upgrade because the driver in the ecm will pull more amps to fire the injector now.

With the 75lb chip piggyback to the stock memcal , I get NO DATA but with just stock memcal on the modded ecm , its reading the data fine.
I am thinking now that the 75lb chip is bad..
 

denny

Active member
Re: Problem with 75lber

Anyone know how to get a hold of Phil Long? I sent a PM 2 days ago but no response.

Also, it there anyone else that can help me to get this chip fix?


Thanks
Denny
 

denny

Active member
Re: Problem with 75lber

well, Phill re-burn the chip for me, the chip seem fine now. I can connect and read it from the scanner, the remote is also working.

But still, I can't get the truck to start, I now think the ECM is also bad.
It's getting sparks at the plugs but its not getting fuel. I pull a few of the plugs and they are dry, they should have been flooded with all that cranking.
I have good fuel pressure and its holding steady during cranking.

Anyone have any ideas or a moded ecm they can sell me 'cheap' ? I really don't want to give up and go back to the 50lber.

Both ECM fuses are good.

Thanks
Denny
 

denny

Active member
Re: Problem with 75lber

F* it, I install back the 50lber, first crank it start. I haven't realy drove this pos in 6 months. I will get back to the 75lber after the summer or if/when I get another ecm.

Anyone wants to buy an ecm modded for p&h injectors cheap?

Adice to ya'll , don't buy used electronic parts.. :rant:


Denny
 
Top