Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

sy445

New member
So like it says, I got a few bucks to throw at the syclone. It presently has no rear suspension mods so I'd like to start there to improve 60ft times. Lowered w 2" blocks, stock leafsprings. I might add the belltech dropleafs since i have them. What would be better caltracs or battle bars? Is a rear swaybar as effective as either of the traction bars?
 

MRKING

New Parts for Old Trucks
Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swayb

rear coilovers :2cents:
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

The rear sway bar shouldn't help straight line traction. I supose rear coilovers might help traction by having the ability to make adjustments, but this isn't proven and its going to take a lot trial and errror. If I was going make an effort for traction devices, I would put in your Belltech (if you want a lowered stance) and use Battle bars. This is just based on my opinion, though.
 

supersports10

New member
Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

rear sway bar will improve traction.

why?? because it helps promote both tires being planted on the ground.

when you launch the truck, the left rear plant's, and the right rear unload's promoting wheelspin.

the swaybar helps keep it equal.
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

supersports10 said:
rear sway bar will improve traction.

why?? because it helps promote both tires being planted on the ground.

when you launch the truck, the left rear plant's, and the right rear unload's promoting wheelspin.

the swaybar helps keep it equal.

I will buy that explanation. Our traction would help if we had a true posi rear end well as opose to the gov lock rear end.
 

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

supersports10 said:
rear sway bar will improve traction.

why?? because it helps promote both tires being planted on the ground.

when you launch the truck, the left rear plant's, and the right rear unload's promoting wheelspin.

the swaybar helps keep it equal.

Sometimes when a vehicle likes to twist during a launch,the opposite side that is be compressed,likes the raise up off the ground w/a rear sway bar,therefore losing traction on that side.
 

sy445

New member
Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

ok, thanks, well i plan on adding both the rear swaybar and battlebar/caltrac at some point. Right now I can afford one or the other. Which one will make the most improvement in hooking up in a boost launch? winning street races is the goal here.

Would a front coilover conversion set up correctly improve my 60ft? by how much?
 

James Thomas

"NO CLASS"
Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

For max drag traction bang for the buck with steel springs, I'd go the Battle bars first, the swaybar next and then go from there :2cents:

__________
James
 

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swaybar?

Do not even put in a rear anti sway bar for street racing,unless you like to add weight.
 

Flyin Ryan

hated cuz he drives fords
Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swayb

love my battlebars.. have friends with caltracs that love them as well but there noisy with daily driving from what I gather from them and have heard myself
 

sy445

New member
Re: Got sum cash for xmas.Which mod for better 60ft?caltracs,battlebars,or rear swayb

Flyin Ryan said:
love my battlebars.. have friends with caltracs that love them as well but there noisy with daily driving from what I gather from them and have heard myself

Did you notice a difference with the battlebars before and after? I already have nitto dr"s so i assume this is the best bet.
Are the battlebars an issue when the truck is lowered?
 
Top