Best brake pads for stock fronts?

420

Broke Ass Racing
I will be upgrading to an aftermarket brake kit in the next few months, but these front pads don't seem like they will last until then. I need to replace them as soon as the truck goes back on the road (again), and would like to get a quality set.

For those of you out there with stock front brakes, what pads are you using and how do you like them? :)

- Matt
 

turboj91

New member
Re: Best brake pads for stock fronts?

Carbon Metallic's have not failed me in 15 years. No squeaks, no excessive dust and they last. For stock applications, I don't use anything else.
 

420

Broke Ass Racing
Re: Best brake pads for stock fronts?

turboj91 said:
Carbon Metallic's have not failed me in 15 years. No squeaks, no excessive dust and they last. For stock applications, I don't use anything else.

You happen to know what brand you use?
 

Syclone #1721

I LOVE 4UM SUPERSTARS
Re: Best brake pads for stock fronts?

Dont get EBC Greenstuff....they suck....squeek and tons of dust plus I feel no stopping advantage at all....what a waste of $40 bucks
 

Tooky

Serious about performance
Re: Best brake pads for stock fronts?

After being sick of all the horrible dust thrown off by the AutoZone Performance Friction "Z Rated" carbon metallic pads, last fall I switched to AutoZone's "Duralast" Ceramic pads. While I admit they are for my CBR LS1 12" front brakes, I bet they make the same pad for stock brakes.

So far the braking power is better, and the dust has disappeared!! I'm sold on Ceramic for life. (for street duty).

As a bonus, the Duralast Ceramic pads feature a stainless steel backing plate, which shows through the brake caliper - keeps it looking nice!! Never seen that before on another set of pads.
 

SYTY66

New member
Re: Best brake pads for stock fronts?

carbon kevlar = $$$$$ But they work Great! Try Porterfield-brakes.com

Syty66
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Best brake pads for stock fronts?

I use Autozone Carbon Metallic pads too. I like them a lot for stopping and holding power but like Tooky said, they do tend to throw some dust around. However, ever sicne I did my rear wheel cylinders, I havent noticed much dust at all.
 

420

Broke Ass Racing
Re: Best brake pads for stock fronts?

SYTY66 said:
carbon kevlar = $$$$$ But they work Great! Try Porterfield-brakes.com

Syty66

Ouch! You weren't kidding about the $ part. If I end up stuck with these brakes long term, I imagine I would go with a set of these, so we will see...
 
Top