Aerospace Protectant on cladding review.......

Sy1192

Hello all,

Due to seeing that some folks had used 303 Aerospace Protectant on their Sy/Ty cladding, I gave it a try.
I bought it from an Ebay marine parts and accessories dealer because it was a lot less expensive than buying it locally.

A couple of pointers I wanted to pass along:

1. The biggest hurdle is to not use too much of it!
It's amazing how little product it takes to do all the cladding.
I bought a 32 oz. spray bottle and I have a feeling that's gonna last a LONG time!
2. It does NOT air dry. You apply then go back and buff it "dry". I used a couple old inside-out tube socks for both. They work awesome.
3. Don't get frustrated with the first application. It can be trying. The second time? It'll be a cakewalk. :)

"GOOD":
In my opinion? The color of the plastic after application is PERFECT.
Not "Armor All shiny" or flat. It really looks great.
A close second is it does not leave an oily residue (like a lot of plastic treatments)! :tup:
So every dust particle doesn't cling to it.
Once you get the application process down, it's easy.

"BAD":
The only true "disappointment" was I was expecting a product that might not require treatment every wash. This is NOT.
First wash after first application? Most, if not all, washed off.
Oh well. More "quality time" with the truck, I guess. :lol:

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Aerospace Protectant on cladding review.......

Agreed, in general I think the 303 people make a good product. Their windshield washer tablets which make a gallon of fluid are excellent.

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.

We've been selling Formula 303 for many years here at the dealership. Very good product and the only vinyl/rubber/plastic protectant that I use personally.

Sy1192

Here on the Sy/Ty forums was the first time I'd ever heard of 303.

After so many years of slimy, smelly Armor All, I really wish I'd found it a long time go!

Another plus: There is almost NO mess after using the 303!
With Armor All, you'd have slimy hands and some nasty rags.

2kwik4u

Resident slow guy

I've used Aerospace 303 on the boat vinyl for years. As did the original owner. After 12yrs the vinyl still looked and felt like brand new.

Great Stuff!