Has there ever been a modified OEM looking EEPROM?

Rexxenexx

I had a small box for all my Typhoon stuff in the 90's with an OEM looking EEPROM and a piggyback (Superchips/March/APE I can't remember) module. The box was stolen while I went to college so that's all gone. The Typhoon was modified by a performance shop back then and, according to the dash, keeps thinking it's overboosting (analog autometer says @10PSI, OEM dash gauge swings off the scale) even after completely returning stock.
Here's a TunerPro snip of the spike.
TyTP5BoostSpike.JPG

Sy2622

Have you checked your map sensor and associated wires to ensure they are reading correctly 1bar, 2bar,3 bar? Which do you have on it?

I had a small box for all my Typhoon stuff in the 90's with an OEM looking EEPROM and a piggyback (Superchips/March/APE I can't remember) module. The box was stolen while I went to college so that's all gone. The Typhoon was modified by a performance shop back then and, according to the dash, keeps thinking it's overboosting (analog autometer says @10PSI, OEM dash gauge swings off the scale) even after completely returning stock.
Here's a TunerPro snip of the spike.
View attachment 1865690
Back in 2012? 2013? Michael Hood (AKA @sytyguy) posted about different iterations of Stock ECU chips. (If you have a 92/93 typhoon) the EEPROM would have the imprinted text BBZA or BBZB identifier on it. If I remember correctly, you should still be able to flash the EEPROM to improve/add revisions of the BBZB or BBZA chip if you so choose. An example would be if you had a Syclone AYBM EEPROM, you could flash it with the BBZB bin. If you can clarify that the chip has either Identifier (BBZB/BBZA), you should be able to determine whether or not its a true stock chip or not. The next part would be determining what modifications have been made to it after the fact. Hopefully this clarifies a little bit more.

Also here is a link to the post @sytyguy made http://www.sytyforums.com/threads/syty-eprom-differences.102130/