Pushing through the brakes

BlakDak71

Gear Grabber
Even with the patented "Build up vacuum in the booster in neutral" style launch, the Syclone still pushes through the brakes around 9-10psi. Could this be as simple as adjusting the rear brakes? Truck has new front brakes. Just asking before I rip it apart or if I should look for another fault.

Re: Pushing through the brakes

Sounds good to me. 9-10 psi is a lot of boost for a launch. Is the truck stock? Should be spinning the tires at that boost. My truck will light up all 4 at that psi, even lower will break them loose.
You could try adjusting the rears a little tighter.

autoaddictions

I'd try using the e brake. Upgrade rear wheel cylinders to the larger ones. If that don't do it. Man up and get a higher stall converter.

atkonkler

Is this your bush?

Even with the patented "Build up vacuum in the booster in neutral" style launch, the Syclone still pushes through the brakes around 9-10psi. Could this be as simple as adjusting the rear brakes? Truck has new front brakes. Just asking before I rip it apart or if I should look for another fault.

I've also encountered this problem even after doing the put Into neutral. ...give it a couple of revs....put into D not Od and start to give it gas and it pushes through the brakes....let me know what you do and what helps you! I'd like to be able to do better launches when I wanna do some shock and awe .....:tup:

It's just a six

I've also encountered this problem even after doing the put Into neutral. ...give it a couple of revs....put into D not Od and start to give it gas and it pushes through the brakes....let me know what you do and what helps you! I'd like to be able to do better launches when I wanna do some shock and awe .....:tup:

Do you have larger rear wheel brake cylinders?

I have stock brakes with larger rear wheel cylinders & can boost launch 20+ PSI if I would want to.

atkonkler

Is this your bush?

Do you have larger rear wheel brake cylinders?

I have stock brakes with larger rear wheel cylinders & can boost launch 20+ PSI if I would want to.

Ok that's on my next to do list here when I get time....just gotta find the time to do it!

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3

Syclone's use a different part number. A 82 s-10 with Manual Brakes will have 7/8 wheel cylinders that fit.

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

I'd try using the e brake. Upgrade rear wheel cylinders to the larger ones. If that don't do it. Man up and get a higher stall converter.

Can you explain this please?

To me, it seems that if you are pushing through the brakes, the engine is maing more torque and the truck wants to go. If the higher stall means there is less torque, won't it go slower?