Truck dies as RPMs drop and during turns

gmemony2

It's happened twice now as I'm taking a hard turn at low RPMs. The truck dies. Just quits. I'm going to run a full tune-up on it just to be sure I'm not missing anything, but is there something else to be looking out for?

It idles ok, better at times than others, but nothing sounds or feels real out of place. I can pull up to a light no problem, it's only happened on a turn.

corsair231

Would this be like turning into a parking space? It could be the viscous coupling starting to go out. Seems like I heard somewhere that this was one of the signs of a bad vc. Mine used to idle rough and die while parking or coming up to a stop light. Instead of the vc though, I think mine was the torque converter lockup not releasing cleanly. Possibly due to a sticking solenoid. I ran some transmission cleaner through mine and it seems to have cured the problem.

gmemony2

Yeah, at times low rpms in turns it will die. Both forward and reverse. I'm set to change the transmission fluid and add a larger pan next weekend and we'll see if that makes any difference. Otherwise, still working through a bunch of vacuum leaks and general (past due) maintenance. So far the idle is a bit cleaner with the changes I've made and hopefully that continues.

gmemony2

You know which thread it is? I tried to search using every combination I could with no luck. A few posts referred to other threads, but they are all dead.