Truck not sti

Sy 0145

Can someone please tell me why a fully charged new battery is showing almost dead only 1/2 a volt when hooked up to battery connectors on truck. Nothing works when hooked up but you can jump start it. When you disconnect battery from factory battery cables, battery shows fully charged. I've never experienced this on any vehicles.

Brassmonkey

Cruzin' Mel Man
Have you checked the voltage touching the battery posts and then only touching the cable terminals? If they are badly corroded, there will be a difference in voltage.

Sy 0145

Installed a new battery and just put on a new starter. Still one clank and no start. Instantly drains battery. Everything works as normal. Lights etc.. Truck will start with boost pack but not with jumper cables???

Brassmonkey

Cruzin' Mel Man
Installed a new battery and just put on a new starter. Still one clank and no start. Instantly drains battery. Everything works as normal. Lights etc.. Truck will start with boost pack but not with jumper cables???
That sounds a little strange, you truck will start with a boost pack, but not with jumper cables. Do you have quality cables, at least 8 guage?

Sy 0145

Maybe. I'm going to try and run negative on booster cable directly to starter and battery to see if it will start today bypassing engine block ground.

Sy 0145

Does the purple starter solenoid wire come out of loom at top of brake booster? I'm going to try and install 10guage.