1993 GMC Typhoon black low miles

skata

Donating Member
-SOLD-

LOWERED PRICE: 15,000 firm for a quick sale.

this is a 93 gmc typhoon with 23,600 miles. i am the second owner, and have had the truck for five years. i have barely drove it since i got it, so i guess i'll try to sell it.
the truck is located near chicago, IL.

the typhoon is mostly original. it had an aftermarket sunroof put in when new.
i have only changed a few things to make it a nicer riding and more reliable truck. the problem though is that i never got around to driving it.:(

first off, any parts removed, i have kept.

engine: i replaced the sparkplugs, wires, and cap. i wrapped the intercooler. optima battery. rerouted the heat exchanger in front of radiator to get good airflow. walbro fuel pump, and por15 the gas tank.

transmission: original and works great.

suspension: i replaced the a-arm bushings with poly bushings. added a rear-sway bar. installed larger front brakes from f-body. new ball-joints. put in bilstein shocks. tires were replaced right before i got the truck.

interior: overall, it is pretty clean and nice. i put in an alpine stereo. i have the original, which the cd player did not always work.

exterior: the body is in real good shape. no rust at all. the front bumper has some real light sratches on the side, below the driver's front turn signal/corner marker. look in the pictures. other than that, everything else is real nice. i sprayed 3M 8892 rust fighter internal panel coating in the places that these trucks are known to rust, like the door bottoms, fenders, lower body edges, and rear roof, for example. on the underside, iinstalled splash shields to prevent road debris/water/salt from getting kicked up on the underside. this will help a lot to prevent rusted out body mounts and etc. i really payed a lot of attention to trying to prevent rust, since s10's aren't the best against rust.

here are a few pics. i apologize for not detailing the truck, although it still looks good as it sits. i never have the time to detail it, and i just don't trust anyone else to do it.

Last edited:

poorboy93

Veteran S10 Owner
Re: 1993 GMC Typhoon black low miles

Nice to see another well preserved "survivor" out there! I swear there's only a few like them left out there, that's why I got my two. It's a real tough time now in the market, don't give it away. Good luck with your sale, I hope it goes to a good home and you get your price! BTW, What's your truck #?

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY

:eek: Suh-weet truck.

Hey, I'll be in Chicago Jan. 8. Maybe we can work this out and I can drive it home:

Asking 21,000
- SyTy brotherhood discount: 5,000
- Multi vehicle discount: 3000
- Money needed to settle divorce once I bring a second Ty home: 8,500

Total to Steve: $4,500 :)

Nice truck...good luck with sale. Don't settle for too little! :tup:

skata

Donating Member

i like the splash guards, nice touch!! you make them yourself???
yes, i put them on. most fasteners use existing holes. i didnt drill up the truck to install them.
these trucks rust first at the seams/ welds and body mounts, so in case this truck were driven in wet/salty conditions, it stands a far better chance at rust prevention, with the spash guards installed.

i'm not hurting to sell. i just never drive it, plus i have a modded syclone also, that i'd keep.

skata

Donating Member

BTW, What's your truck #?

i think its written here.

mzqigjm6dqzb4w6bzrdo.jpg

2500avalanche

Amazing truck. I would give you an offer, but you wouldn't like it because it is what I can afford now (around 10k). Although, I can let you know that with me the truck would stay a garage queen, with very minimal use. Oh well....
PM me!

jbone

another bump for a beautiful truck. I was about to say "you should have at least cleaned it before taking pictures" but then I realized its the dirt on my computer screen. LOL I remember when mine looked half as good. Good luck!

skata

Donating Member

i guess the recession hit syty.net also :)

anyone care to make an offer?

2500avalanche

Would love to give an offer, but my wife would leave me! Man, Bump for a great truck! If I only had 15k to offer (or entise)

SloGN

9Sec Alky V6

WOW

Thats a very nice truck! I'm digging the sunroof install. did the dealer install it or the first owner.

skata

Donating Member

WOW

Thats a very nice truck! I'm digging the sunroof install. did the dealer install it or the first owner.
the original owner had it installed at the dealer when the truck was new. its an ASC brand sunroof.

Syclone1639

this is a 93 gmc typhoon with 23,600 miles. i am the second owner, and have had the truck for five years. i have barely drove it since i got it, so i guess i'll try to sell it.
the truck is located near chicago, IL.
price- $21,000

the typhoon is mostly original. it had an aftermarket sunroof put in when new.
i have only changed a few things to make it a nicer riding and more reliable truck. the problem though is that i never got around to driving it.:(

first off, any parts removed, i have kept.

engine: i replaced the sparkplugs, wires, and cap. i wrapped the intercooler. optima battery. rerouted the heat exchanger in front of radiator to get good airflow. walbro fuel pump, and por15 the gas tank.

transmission: original and works great.

suspension: i replaced the a-arm bushings with poly bushings. added a rear-sway bar. installed larger front brakes from f-body. new ball-joints. put in bilstein shocks. tires were replaced right before i got the truck.

interior: overall, it is pretty clean and nice. i put in an alpine stereo. i have the original, which the cd player did not always work.

exterior: the body is in real good shape. no rust at all. the front bumper has some real light sratches on the side, below the driver's front turn signal/corner marker. look in the pictures. other than that, everything else is real nice. i sprayed 3M 8892 rust fighter internal panel coating in the places that these trucks are known to rust, like the door bottoms, fenders, lower body edges, and rear roof, for example. on the underside, iinstalled splash shields to prevent road debris/water/salt from getting kicked up on the underside. this will help a lot to prevent rusted out body mounts and etc. i really payed a lot of attention to trying to prevent rust, since s10's aren't the best against rust.

here are a few pics. i apologize for not detailing the truck, although it still looks good as it sits. i never have the time to detail it, and i just don't trust anyone else to do it.

You take trades?