Pioneer Harmonic Balancers

Typhoon#747

Donating Member
Which Pioneer balancer is compatible with our trucks DA2622 or DA2621? I've searched the forum, Autozone website, and google and I'm getting conflicting information. For instance, in one post, Michael Hood said that DA2621 fits, but Autozone says no. Please help before I order the wrong one. Thanks in advance!
 

Captain Morgan

Moderated User
Re: Pioneer Harmonic Balancers

Pioneer Automotive DA-2621 is correct for our trucks. The guys at Autozone are a bunch of mouth breathers who drool on themselves if a girl with a nice car walks in the door..... and then the girl probably knows more about cars than they do.

But on another note.... DA-2622 only seems to only exist at Autozone. Summit Racing only lists the 2621, 2622 does not exist. If I cross over 2621 on Napas website, it comes back as the correct balancer for our trucks, if I try and cross 2622 it does not exist.

Bottom line, DA2621 like Hood said.
 

Typhoon#747

Donating Member
Re: Pioneer Harmonic Balancers

Pioneer Automotive DA-2621 is correct for our trucks. The guys at Autozone are a bunch of mouth breathers who drool on themselves if a girl with a nice car walks in the door..... and then the girl probably knows more about cars than they do.

But on another note.... DA-2622 only seems to only exist at Autozone. Summit Racing only lists the 2621, 2622 does not exist. If I cross over 2621 on Napas website, it comes back as the correct balancer for our trucks, if I try and cross 2622 it does not exist.

Bottom line, DA2621 like Hood said.

Nice! You strike quickly and decisively. I appreciate it guys.
 

atkonkler

Is this your bush?
Re: Pioneer Harmonic Balancers

Pioneer Automotive DA-2621 is correct for our trucks. The guys at Autozone are a bunch of mouth breathers who drool on themselves if a girl with a nice car walks in the door..... and then the girl probably knows more about cars than they do.

But on another note.... DA-2622 only seems to only exist at Autozone. Summit Racing only lists the 2621, 2622 does not exist. If I cross over 2621 on Napas website, it comes back as the correct balancer for our trucks, if I try and cross 2622 it does not exist.

Bottom line, DA2621 like Hood said.

I'll disagree with the statement about being mouth breathers and drooling over women when they come in.....you have your really good group of guys and then you will have your warm body stores with mouth breathers who all have strabysmus/ squirrel watchers. Same with stealerships\dealwrships...I've worked for either.
 

Davemc1963

93 Ty Owner
Re: Pioneer Harmonic Balancers

I know this thread is a couple of weeks old now, but I've just been looking myself and the Pioneer application chart which is down-loadable http://www.pioneerautoind.com/ lists both as fitting the SyTy and Sonoma 4.3 V6 so I can see why there is confusion, the 2622 is only listed for the 93+ though. Also if you look through the various GMC platforms the 2621 is specified as fitting both balance shaft and non balance shaft engines whereas the 2622 is only referenced as fitting 'without balance shaft' engines that cover our years (93+ which discounts Sy's and 92 Ty's). The DA-2621 is a 3 'spoke' design 6.13" od and the DA-2622 is 6.233" with what looks like a solid inner hub with 3 lots of 3 balancing holes drilled through it. It is also 3/8" or so wider overall, so would more than likely affect belt positioning/alignment. (without a scaled dimensional drawing it isn't clear exactly how the overall dimensional width difference would affect the belt pulley placement). The designs are very different in appearance and the 2622 is 0.6lbs heavier. Having not had my crank pulley off, I cant say for sure which is correct, but suspect that if all SyTy's use the same balancer, the 2621 as most have stated IS probably correct, as the 2622 is as I mentioned above only referenced against 93+ vehicles. Now whether the 2622 'would fit', I don't know. Maybe the simple check is the overall ring diameter and what 'Hood' says is correct.

As an aside anyone have any thoughts on ATP or DAYCO balancers sold through Rockauto? Good, bad or ugly?
 
Top