Going on holiday to Europe

QuinnSY

Donating Member
I've been trying to go to Europe for a few years now and finally pulled the trigger. I don't know a ton of people there and am traveling on my own so if anyone has any suggestions and places I must see it would be greatly appreciated due to this being my first trip there. I know we have some members out there and would like to meet up with some fellow SYTY'ers while I'm there.

I don't really have a solid plan yet, or at all but I'm flying into Sweden to start and I bought the Eurorail pass so I can travel through any country for the entire month I'm there. So far the countries I'm trying to go to are Sweden, Germany, Switzerland and most likely the Netherlands. I fly out on June 12th and return home July 10th which was quite difficult to get off work, but I made it clear I was going. Hope to see some of ya there!
-Matt

DJ B

Re: Going on holiday to Europe

there are great McD's in the Netherlands. But be carefull. You know what they put on french fries in the Netherlands? Yep. Mayonaise.

QuinnSY

Donating Member

I'm in London if you're passing through....
Thanks but unfortunately I'm not making it there this trip. I wanted to but its a little too much in one trip already. Next time!

there are great McD's in the Netherlands. But be carefull. You know what they put on french fries in the Netherlands? Yep. Mayonaise.
You don't have to worry about me, I stay away from the Mayo

jollygreen1964

Donating Member

I was a commercial pilot for 31 years till uncle sugar said I was too old, my two favorites are Ireland and the Netherlands with Germany aclose second hitting local pubs etc will save a bunch of money and the folks there are very friendly. Also some great local beers!

bundie

lol McD does have mayo on the fries!

Shoot a pm when thinking of going to the netherlands maybe we can meet up i live about 30 mins from shiphol airport