return home check in thread

Double-A

Quitter
Re: return home check in thread

We left just after 9am and rolled in sometime after midnight. The only issue was the aforementioned Tahoe blowout (see page 1), but with the Joys help we were back on the road lickity-split. Since the spare was "questionable" (i.e. 8 years old), we tried to keep it under 70 the rest of the way. :lol: Dad left for vacation in VA around 9am (Mom left without him on Saturday), and luckily he wasn't planning on taking the Tahoe down there. Time to go unload it...

Otherwise it was all good. 4 gas stops, grabbed McD's twice. Tahoe got 7-8mpg pulling my Ty. Oops.

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.

18 hours or so and two days later, we are finally home. :lol:

We've been here for a bit, but had to unpack and relax a bit. Drove through the most insane, crazy rainstorm ever in Kansas. You know the "color intensity" chart weather forcasters use? I don't think they have a color to represent what we were in. :lol: :lol:

Working on going through pics and everything.

Good times :tup:

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

We left just after 9am and rolled in sometime after midnight. The only issue was the aforementioned Tahoe blowout (see page 1), but with the Joys help we were back on the road lickity-split. Since the spare was "questionable" (i.e. 8 years old), we tried to keep it under 70 the rest of the way. :lol: Dad left for vacation in VA around 9am (Mom left without him on Saturday), and luckily he wasn't planning on taking the Tahoe down there. Time to go unload it...

Otherwise it was all good. 4 gas stops, grabbed McD's twice. Tahoe got 7-8mpg pulling my Ty. Oops.

Your Ty was beautiful. Glad it and you gig back ok.

alwayswantedone

Donating Member

Made it home a while ago. No real problems to announce other then what was posted in Renz's thread about the journey back. Great time.....Thanks to all.

vinnieTy

TY # 1889

Ryan - thats sucks sorry to hear what happened but at least everyons is safe which is the important thing.

My trip home was a disaster, another 18 hours to get home. Thats doing 65-75 with the kids sleeping. We got home at 5am. At that time the kids got there second wind but my wife and i were dead tired. I hope next time NATS will be closer, o well we will see. :tup:

Big Mike

Well we made it home just around 9 am but the cat's on the suburban decided to give us trouble the whole way home stopping many times because of no power up the mountain hills the one time we pulled over the exhaust was cherry red when we lifted the hood, even with the sy off the trailer the tow vehicle did not have enough power to climb the hills or roll on flat ground.

skwayb

NWSTP

Flight got in a couple of hours ago. It was a good time hanging out with everyone. I want to thank Dig for taking me to Mammoth Caves and giving me a ride to Nashville Airport.

Windedv6

Ty n 10s

damn everyone had trailer issues..

pretty surprising but trailers always seem to have issues.

glad all those that did have issues with their trailers have made it home safe and without damage to their trucks

I got lucky with no trailer problems. Milage pulling the enclosed trailer was 9.5. Brent had the open trailer stuck on my rearend...drafted a 12.5 mpg out of it. It took 4 Red Bulls, 2 Monster drinks and a 5 hour engery shot to keep me awake. Got home and couldn't sleep for 4 hours until all the "energy" wore off.

Had a great time!

John

s_blazin

Donating Member

pulled in the driveway about an hour or so ago. no real problems, but i can't wait to sleep in my own bed tonight

s_blazin

Donating Member

hows your face?

haha all that swelling didn't stop me from continuing to get tore up the rest of the night friday or on saturday night.

just made eating a bit more difficult, it's almost all healed up already, you forget i'm wolverine. :rotf:

going to practice my cigar smoking while NOT face planting skillz right now