4l60e trans and 4472 transfer case

ketchme

ketchme
guys, i was able to find the correct tailshaft housing to adapt the 4472 transfer case to the 4l60e transmission. it has the casting number 15963697 and is clocked correctly. all i had to make was an adapter ring to take up the difference in the mounting hole size. see below.

adapterring.jpg
 

s10clone

Donating Member
Re: 4l60e trans and 4472 transfer case

Sweet! I started looking for this about a week ago. Fantastic find! Thanks
 

Sy777

Member
Re: 4l60e trans and 4472 transfer case

Did the bravadas not use the 460le with the 4472 transfer case?
 

1BADV6

Donating Member
Re: 4l60e trans and 4472 transfer case

Did the bravadas not use the 460le with the 4472 transfer case?

They used a 4L60E with the one piece style K case that has the same rear housing bolt pattern as our 700R4 trans.
 

1BADV6

Donating Member
Re: 4l60e trans and 4472 transfer case

Is the K case rare? Or Just not worth getting.

From what I hear they are rare for the years that will work for us. I spoke to Rusty at RPM and I found one out of a full size truck that has the proper case and electronics that will work with my TCI controller.
 
Top