58x ECM Conversion (E37 ECM, 58x crank, 4x cam, electronic throttle)

sean

Member
Re: 58x ECM Conversion (E37 ECM, 58x crank, 4x cam, electronic throttle)

Does BS3 support Gen IV LS-type 58x crank and 4x cam signals for V6 engine operation? (because I don't know)

i have not been on the site for some time but come on when able two. i love the idea that you doing. did you ever get the engine to run yet?
 

2kwik4u

Resident slow guy
Re: 58x ECM Conversion (E37 ECM, 58x crank, 4x cam, electronic throttle)

Is it safe to assume the E37 PCM has intigrated transmission controls as well as the engine controls?

If so, I can see the benefit of upgrading everthing at once to the new ECM, as well as adding an electronic trans (even if it's just a 60, and not the 80). 4.3 engine/trans combo's from wrecked trucks are stupid cheap. If I was to blow a motor up, I would rather put a new style stock engine in place, and spend the cash on moving everything to the new PCM and electronic controls.

Good work sir!
 

eficonnection

New member
Re: 58x ECM Conversion (E37 ECM, 58x crank, 4x cam, electronic throttle)

i have not been on the site for some time but come on when able two. i love the idea that you doing. did you ever get the engine to run yet?

Not yet. Several projects in the way.
 

eficonnection

New member
Re: 58x ECM Conversion (E37 ECM, 58x crank, 4x cam, electronic throttle)

Is it safe to assume the E37 PCM has intigrated transmission controls as well as the engine controls?

If so, I can see the benefit of upgrading everthing at once to the new ECM, as well as adding an electronic trans (even if it's just a 60, and not the 80). 4.3 engine/trans combo's from wrecked trucks are stupid cheap. If I was to blow a motor up, I would rather put a new style stock engine in place, and spend the cash on moving everything to the new PCM and electronic controls.

Good work sir!

All GM Gen IV ECMs require a TCM (Transmission Control Module) for electronic transmission control. The 4L60E uses a T42 TCM. A TCM must communicate with a compatible ECM through the CAN bus. GM TCMs are not stand alone.

T42_TCM.jpg


The T42 TCMs are a dime a dozen.
 

Logan

Member
Re: 58x ECM Conversion (E37 ECM, 58x crank, 4x cam, electronic throttle)

This would be one of the better modifications in my book. With a solid engine and tranny build, this setup and the usual SyTy kinks worked out there would be hope to make a kickass daily driver that would eat nearly everyone's lunch at the stoplight. I am highly interested in this.
 

2kwik4u

Resident slow guy
Re: 58x ECM Conversion (E37 ECM, 58x crank, 4x cam, electronic throttle)

This would be one of the better modifications in my book. With a solid engine and tranny build, this setup and the usual SyTy kinks worked out there would be hope to make a kickass daily driver that would eat nearly everyone's lunch at the stoplight. I am highly interested in this.

I think an AWD Turbo 4.3 S-Series could be an awesome daily driver is you kept the goals within reason. 325-350hp (10-15lbs boost on stock late model block) and AWD would be a VERY entertaining daily driver. probably get decent mileage too.

I've never had a truck or the technical knowledge to prove it out though.
 

tx1

New member
Re: 58x ECM Conversion (E37 ECM, 58x crank, 4x cam, electronic throttle)

Does anyone know if HP Tuners supports this ecm?
 

elorejas

Member
Re: 58x ECM Conversion (E37 ECM, 58x crank, 4x cam, electronic throttle)

It should my friend has tuned a couple of full size trucks with the 4.3 of the new body styles
 

Z SKI

Donating Member
Re: 58x ECM Conversion (E37 ECM, 58x crank, 4x cam, electronic throttle)

I like.... Keep us posted...
 
Top