92 sy/ty so gt service supplement or 91 sy supplement

outlaw1987

Member
Hi I'm just got my sy less than a month ago and getting ready to do my first basic tune-up on it and decided i might as well buy a service supplement from helm's, helm's offers two supplements one just for the 91 sy or one for the 92 sy, ty, and so gt. I was wondering if there were any planned changes for the 92 sy besides the mirrors and minor interior stuff that might throw me off if i decided to buy the 92 year book that covers them all, beings some day i would like to have maybe a sy and a so gt. I know I think I read something before about the typhoon fuel rails being on the opposite side or something of that nature and was wondering if the sy's fuel rails for 92 would have had the same which might or might not throw me off since im not too familar with these trucks yet, any suggestions.
 

sleepy

Member
Re: 92 sy/ty so gt service supplement or 91 sy supplement

I would buy the one for 92, although Syclones were only 91. As far as I know the info that you will need that will crossover will all be the same, so just go with the 92, and if you come across a ty, all the important stuff you've learned on your sy will be the same - until you get into the mods, then the book won't tell you enough, that's what these forums are for...
 

outlaw1987

Member
Re: 92 sy/ty so gt service supplement or 91 sy supplement

thanks for the advise sleepy, i guess im going with the 92 then.
 
Top