All together but wont start!***FIXED***

Flyin Ryan

hated cuz he drives fords
Re: All together but wont start! HELP!

Re: All together but wont start! HELP!

Don W. said:
I suspect that the knock sensor needs to be torqued correctly. I also have heard that you have to be careful with using sealant. Somewhere I heard that a new one comes with the correct stuff on it.


I agree Don, Somewhere on this forum this was discussed and John Waller said exactly what you said.. there are different knock sensors, make sure you have the right one and torque it to spec and they come already with the correct sealent applied
 

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Re: All together but wont start! HELP!

Re: All together but wont start! HELP!

I bought several knock sencors all were suppose to work on our trucks.every one would give code 43. Even the one I bought from the gm dealer. If you still have the old one if you put it back in that should clear your code. If you do a little searching you can find the correct part number for a new one. I found the numbers when I corrected mine. I can find the part number I used if you need me to. I have the box around somewere.
Phil
 

wildphil

I Love My Ty's
Re: All together but wont start! HELP!

Re: All together but wont start! HELP!

And if you do buy a new one find the correct part number and take it to the parts place. I found that every parts place had the wrong part number for the knock sencor.
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: All together but wont start! HELP!

Re: All together but wont start! HELP!

Sean,

I should be home this evening. Give me a call and we go over the manual if DaveP's list dosen't work.
 

ChevelleDude71

Lo Boost
Re: All together but wont start!***FIXED***

Okay so installed the RIGHT knock sensor and tightened it to spec. Cleared the codes, and started the vehicle.......drum roll please.....NO CEL!!! Then I hooked up the smog machine to the truck with the stock chip, 2bar MAP, set fuel pressure to stock spec, and it looks like I should pass CA emissions tomorrow!! Wish me luck!
 

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"
Re: All together but wont start!***FIXED***

damn i hate ca smog. good luck. you got to drive to dave and busters soon. :tup:
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: All together but wont start!***FIXED***

Do you know the smog guy? Have HIM do a "manual" test first. Saves a, can I say it, failed test going to Sac.
 

ChevelleDude71

Lo Boost
Re: All together but wont start!***FIXED***

Don W. said:
Do you know the smog guy? Have HIM do a "manual" test first. Saves a, can I say it, failed test going to Sac.

Ya I know him, if I didn't I'd have a problem...I have way too much "not smog legal" stuff on this beast.... :rotf:
 
Top