Atco this tuesday nite

ed hess

race or get outta the way
I will be at atco this tuesday nite for the 1st run on the dfigen7.
Plan to do 1st run at 18psi and go from there.

I dont know what to expect except that:

1 Launching from the side of the interstate the tires broke loose like i have never ever felt before. I hit it leaving the bank tonite and it must have looked like i just robbed the bank. :D

2 at top end I used to find my self saying c'mon c'mon as it would seem to move slowly over 100. Now it seems to rise continually over 100 at the same rate that it gets there and it feels likeit gets there a lot quicker from a 40mph start.

3 Knock retard only shows itself if i run 93 octane, with 116 there was none on final testing. My 11.9 runs had lots of kr in them.

4 launching with boost builder at 10 psi and 3k rpm sitting still for a few seconds launches harder than I ever felt with just the linelock and torqing the motor up.

5 Enough stuff broke to get to this point, that my luck has to change pretty soon. (I can dream can't I? :D )


Anyway tuesday nite weather permitting, hope to get a few runs on this and hopefully finally begin to realize what its all about.

Since this will be the 1st sy to hit the track with the standard recipe build using the dfi gen7 anyone in sj or philly come on out. Next sunday the 7th will be a repeat of this. And hopefully its a good show.

ed
 

hamrhead

Donating Member
I was planning on going this Saturday, but the wind sucked too much!

Now I'm thinking next Saturday IF they are open??

Regardless, Good Luck Ed! :D
 

100in6

100in6
minor boost issue??????????????????????

not quite sure what that means in "ed speak"

do you need to adjust your wastegate 2 pounds or did the turbo fall off :cry: :cry: :cry: (heeheeheeheeheehee :wink:)


sounds like we're gonna finally hear how this thing runs. stop talking bout breaking stuff... :x


hope the only thing you break is your own personal record. the weather is sure cold enough for it :wink:
 
Re: Atco this tuesday nite

ed hess said:
I will be at atco this tuesday nite for the 1st run on the dfigen7.

Ed,
I hate to say it but Atco will only be open for the next 2 weekends...no more weekdays this year. I plan on going next Saturday or Sunday, whichever day has the better weather. If it is Sunday, I'll look for you. Good Luck

Mike
 

ed hess

race or get outta the way
Re: Atco this tuesday nite

Mike from Jersey said:
ed hess said:
I will be at atco this tuesday nite for the 1st run on the dfigen7.

Ed,
I hate to say it but Atco will only be open for the next 2 weekends...no more weekdays this year. I plan on going next Saturday or Sunday, whichever day has the better weather. If it is Sunday, I'll look for you. Good Luck

Mike

oops just looked and yeah your right. looks like the last weekdays were this week. So it looks like this sunday then!

ed
 

ed hess

race or get outta the way
ryan

bummer

listen since you cant make it for a video just use your imagination for this.

picture bob romano's dragster with a syclone body on it..... real fast! :D

ed
 

Flyin Ryan

hated cuz he drives fords
ed hess said:
ryan

bummer

listen since you cant make it for a video just use your imagination for this.

picture bob romano's dragster with a syclone body on it..... real fast! :D

ed

Ed thats cool and all but wouldn't you rather have some killer videos of your shit ripping up the track... i'll have to drop by your shop to check out your truck on day and show you my stocker lol.
 

ed hess

race or get outta the way
all i want is 3 timeslips in a row in the mid 11's on the same day. with the wieght of this truck that would make me real happy. not to many 4200 lb cars out there that run in the 11's!!!!

ed
 
Top