desktop dyno numbers

scrape

New member
can i get some feedback on these numbers to see if they look right. plans are to keep the bottom end pretty well stock, going through the top end, and around a 125hp shot of n2o. need to know if all the numbers such as cam, airflow, and so on look right. if anything looks screwy or if something should be changed, feed back would be appreciated. the injection type tpi was the closest thing to the cpi that there was.
desktopdyno.jpg
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: desktop dyno numbers

If I had to guess, I think your intake cfm is a little high. The stock SyTy TPI Throttle Body is 480cfm, I would guess the CPI is even smaller than that.

I don't know about your cam ideas, but that is a lot of duration for streetable cam if those numbers are at .050 lift. You also probably don't need that much lift either. A Comp Cams 412 is .500/.500 206/210 112 and that is a healthy street cam.
 

scrape

New member
Re: desktop dyno numbers

thanks. see if this looks any better. when it comes to cams im lost. i understand what they do and how they do it, but the numbers i just dont get. the cfm i was just guessing b/c i could find anything on the cpi cfm numbers. ultimate goal is to get around 275-300hp to the rear wheels. if i end up with more than that, well that will be fine too. :D
desktopdyno2.jpg
 

vortecfiero

New member
Re: desktop dyno numbers

if you know what peak torque at what rpm..
ane the same for the hp numbers..
start with those as a base like at 3500 and 4500
the cpi makes 85% of its torque at 2000 rpm and the same at 5000 if i remember
correctly the cam specs are listed on the boards somewhere... the poster spec'ed
all the gm 4.3 cams and some performance ones too
 

scrape

New member
Re: desktop dyno numbers

peak torque is at 2000rpm. peak hp at 6000. these are just going by desktop dyno, on a real dyno im sure it would probably be different. heres the graph from desktop dyno. i will search for the cam thread.
desktopdynograph.jpg
 

SY2455

70's Veteran
Re: desktop dyno numbers

Normally the torque curve is much flatter than that. I don't think I ever seen one like that one.
 

scrape

New member
Re: desktop dyno numbers

SY2455 said:
Normally the torque curve is much flatter than that. I don't think I ever seen one like that one.
i was thinking along the same lines. its like it just starts dropping and doesnt stop.

dgoodhue whats your thoughts on the comp cams 450? it looks like it will put me about where i want to be. the duration is .210/.215, everything else is the same as the 412.
 

scrape

New member
Re: desktop dyno numbers

SY2455 said:
Normally the torque curve is much flatter than that. I don't think I ever seen one like that one.
i figured out why the torque curve is like it is. its b/c its figuring it with the n2o on the engine. if you take the nitrous off it flattens out.
 

swoop

under contruction...
Re: desktop dyno numbers

its fairly flat from around 3000 to 5500 which is the redline for the CPI and his max power is made at 6, I dont think he'll be revving it past that anyway since the CPU will kill the fuel...
 

scrape

New member
Re: desktop dyno numbers

yeah rev limit kicks in around 5200 or so. it will never see 6 grand.
 

James Thomas

"NO CLASS"
Re: desktop dyno numbers

I think you are skewed on the whole thing due to missing cyl. head flow numbers. You need an air flow file to be accurate. I bet if you plug in the numbers from a set of stock L35's it will change a lot. I could be wrong but I know the engineer who wrote the algorithms for this and all the Comp software and he told me it makes a LOT of difference beteween the "actual" and "tabeled" numbers.

_______________
James
 
Last edited:
Top