NY Diesel 'Vette

atkonkler

Is this your bush?
Re: Diesel 'Vette

Talk about quality.... Entertainment as I hit baby trees with it ditch driving! I'd own that....if it wasn't below freezing here..
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Diesel 'Vette

I started all my kids out on klunkers. The gas ver of this was my daughters. She drove it 'till you could see through the floor. Don't think I'd want a diesel.
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Diesel 'Vette

That was a real car? Shit I remember riding in a gas chevette that couldn't even climb a little stupid hill. Like 15 mph all the way up. Blue automatic 78 ish.
 

vinnieTy

TY # 1889
Re: Diesel 'Vette

The best part of the ad was the diesel part but then there is not one picture of the motor!
 

Norm

Donating Member
Re: Diesel 'Vette

Never seen a diesel one, never even knew they made them. A few of my buddy's had gas ones and they were alright.
 

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Diesel 'Vette

My friends dad was a instructor for GM for many years.
He got to take home many new cars from there training facility.
One car was a Chevette diesel. He had told me he got 60 MPG, no matter if it was floored or not on the freeway. He said it was really a gutless car.
My other friend had one of these cars for use as a parts delivery car. 4 speed car, he had said you would speed shift it & it would spin the tires even in water. LOL
 

GAShan

Donating Member
Re: Diesel 'Vette

The Chevette used the 1.8 Isuzu 4FB1. I don't remember the LUV using a diesel in the US. The S-10 used a 1.9 or 2.2 diesel, not the same one.
 

alwayswantedone

Donating Member
Re: Diesel 'Vette

I actually dated a chick that drove one when I was 16....hers was diesel also. Ah the memories. I remember having to find places to get fuel for it.....lol! This was 25 years ago......Holly shit I feel old now.
 

budmann2002

New member
Re: Diesel 'Vette

The Chevette used the 1.8 Isuzu 4FB1. I don't remember the LUV using a diesel in the US. The S-10 used a 1.9 or 2.2 diesel, not the same one.

1.9l is the gas version, I have that eng in my other s10
2.2 is the desiel version
I know sort of old thread
 
Top