Do you like your LOKAR dipstick?

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
I ****ing hate mine, the hole is too small and I have to use a qt bottle nipple on a qt bottle with the bottom cut off to fill it up. I wish we could use the stock trans dipstick on the 80e. How is everyone else filling up through the Lokar dip stick?
 

JSM

Active member
Re: Do you like your LOKAR dipstick?

You can use a stock 80e if you like. I agree on putting fluid in sucks the big one.

Jeremy put a stock dipstick on his sy. Funny story on it though, first time he checked fluid level it hit the 12V terminal on the firewall and fireworks began. Terminal now has rubber condoms on it.
 

autoaddictions

Active member
Re: Do you like your LOKAR dipstick?

Should of came with a filler adapter that fits into the stick hole. I put a clear 1/2 piece of hose on it 6 " long then shoved a small funnel into the other end of the hose. It speeds things up bit. Ill post a pic for you later.
 

PJs97Talon

Is in over my head......
Re: Do you like your LOKAR dipstick?

The one I have came with an adaptor as well. Did you get a real Lokar one or a knock off from Ebay?
 

Beavis

Still plays with trucks
Re: Do you like your LOKAR dipstick?

Mine came with an adapter, but ya filling does kinda suck. Other than that, I like it.
 

Try Me

New member
Re: Do you like your LOKAR dipstick?

I have a lokar dipstick for trans and engine oil and I hate both. Trans sucks to fill (i have a funnel in the adapter as well) and the engine dipstick is as hot as the surface of the sun after running 10 minutes and is just about impossible to read.
 

MRKING

New Parts for Old Trucks
Re: Do you like your LOKAR dipstick?

I went with a oem style hard tube aftermarket one . Mine is either a Hughes Performance or TCI . I forget but did buy it from summit a couple years ago .
 

Matt

Active member
I think the tube should be about a 1" longer seems to be a bitch to mount, a flat fire wall would make it easier also, as far as filling yes it sucks but not something you do every week
 

nallj92

Active member
Re: Do you like your LOKAR dipstick?

i have both 4.3 disptick and 700r dipstick, waste of $$. hard to fill, hard to read indicators, engine one too short etc. Should have went OEM.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Do you like your LOKAR dipstick?

I wasn't aware we could use the stock 80e stick. I'll have to get me one.
 
Top