Dodge's new claim

Joey Allen

MUNCHKIN
Has all of you heard Dodge's new claim in their new R/T trucks commercial.
" the world's fastest production truck"...............I still think a good ole' Sy would give them a run for it money.
 

Monossi

New member
I would like to see a good running low 13 second stock Syclone run one .
I don't care what magazine says what , the Syclone will leave it at the line roasting its tires trying to get traction just to TRY & catch up every time. So on the street the good running Syclone would kill it every time.
As for the track , I would think that the Dodge would have to have some ET's or some kind of slick to be competitive.
 

DanenGraham

Big in the rear
Um... It is the fastest truck now, besting the L's world record run last year by like 7mph. and its a SRT now days.
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
One of my buddies clames that he's heard it will put high 12's up. I told him maybe high 13's. Even with 500hp, it still weights 2 tons+ and the lack of traction is gonna kill it everytime, unless some major weight transfer and sticky tires come into play somewhere.

What would someone be thinking that buys one of these just for that "worlds fastest production truck" its the fastest because it can go to 150mph. But who's gonna take it that fast!!?? I know ONE road around me where I'd even think about doing 130+ in my Camaro, let alone a truck. :roll:

R/T was a option, not the performance team name. R/T was Road and Track. I forgot what SRT stands for.
 

Nasariobv

New member
I heard

I heard

From what i heard yes its the fastest top speed, but they dont mentioned that it takes 8 miles at full acceleration to reach that speed, now didnt the LSR syclone do it in a standing mile????
 

THEMADTYPH00N

Active member
The LSR reached its top speed in what I believe is called the flying mile. Which to me means it would already be at speed before they ever started looking at how fast it could go. But I could be wrong.
 

Nasariobv

New member
LSR

LSR

I tought in order to claim a LSR u have to reach the top speed in 1 mile in both directions???I might be wrong but i remember seeing it on Discovery...
 

MyTyphoon1993

Active member
Re: LSR

Re: LSR

Nasariobv said:
I tought in order to claim a LSR u have to reach the top speed in 1 mile in both directions???I might be wrong but i remember seeing it on Discovery...
I think its 2 miles each way.
 

J_SULLIVAN

A&P slave monkey
To me, after the Sy/Ty days, GM has put out "jokes" for high performance trucks. Why they won't do something awesome again, I don't know. I know its about the money but that doesn't seem to bother Ford and Dodge. Maybe GM just needs better marketing personel? If Ford can make the lightning a success, why can't GM get it together in the high performance truck dept.?
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Ya but say GM does make another version of the syty, that would only make the value of these trucks lower.. :roll:

Now if they made a Silverslodo with say a turbo or a supercharger to match the lighting or the srt-10 then maybe it wouldnt be bad.
 

Nasariobv

New member
Owners

Owners

Its maybe cause the heads of Dodge and Ford are not americans????? which sucks cause GM makes more $$$$ than all auto companies????
 

442typhoondude

Ty'less Bum
Sad to say its true. The srt-10 is the fastest production truck ever made. However our obsessions still hold the record for quickest. And the flying mile is a two way average. Two miles already based at top end. Basically they are just seeing who can hold the best top speed average. Its not from a stand-still. As for a new GM super truck. I say make a two door envoy without the two door blazers gay third side window, throw in the 4.2 DOHC 4 valve inline six with a big fat turbo thrown on the side. I thought I saw a Colorado or whatever the new one is running around that looked a little to low to be true. Its to early to have a lowering kit developed I believe so I wonder what the deal was.
 

THEMADTYPH00N

Active member
I did a little research. If you look at this poster it says the LSR's speed was reached doing the Flying Mile.

aac.jpg


This is the definition I found for the flying mile.

The trials are conducted on a 5-mile track with the actual speed averages computed beginning with the second mile. Speed averages are calculated from the 2-mile marker to the 3-mile marker, 3-mile marker to the 4-mile marker, and from the 4-mile marker to the 5 marker. The average speed, and not the top speed, is the performance number used in determining new records.
 

MR_MNZTR_SY

New member
wow, it is an extended cab. ive never noticed that. weird.

anyway, there is a yellow colorado that looks lowered at the chevy dealer here. it looks pretty good except for the awful front bumper. if they made that look way better and gave it some balls, it would be a pretty sweet little truck.
 
Top