door wiring

jasonpickett

New member
I want to switch my doors from electric to manual to save a little weight. I was wondering what all I need to do. I know I have to get the regulators and cranks. Does the electrical wires unplug from the back of the fuse box. Or will I have to cut the wires. I would like to try to keep it professional looking.

Thanks,
Jason
 

CavScout

Member
Re: door wiring

The Power Mirrors do connect to each other, then one wire hooks into the fuse box PWR ACC.

The Power Door Locks and Power Windows I've never taken apart...yet. I'll assume it'll be the same type set up with a power wire plugged into an ACC slot.
 

jasonpickett

New member
Re: door wiring

I will have to check everything out. As soon as I get my books back I will have the wiring diagrams. Hopefully they just unplug from the harness like the fog light harness did.
 

V

Donating Member
Re: door wiring

Window and lock wiring is wrapped into one harness. The disconnects are near the kickpanel grommet. The cross-body harness is what plugs into the fuse box.
 
Last edited:

jasonpickett

New member
Re: door wiring

I am not worried about the passenger dome light. Will I still have the domelights though if I want to turm them on manualy
 

jasonpickett

New member
Re: door wiring

Window and lock wiring is wrapped into one harness. The disconnects are near the kickpanel grommet. The cross-body harness is what plugs into the fuse box.

Can I take the cross-body harness off or will it interfere with other things.
 
Top