Engine Misses When Hot

MEAT BALL

TY 0527
When The Ty Is Cold It Runs Like A Champ But When It Gets Hot Or To Operating Temp It Starts Missing. Someone Help!!!!!!
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Engine Misses When Hot

Is your intercooler pump working? Check the 10 amp fuse in the little black box behind the alternator,if it's blown chances are your pump is shot.
 

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.
Re: Engine Misses When Hot

MEAT BALL said:
I Just Found Out My Cooler Pump Is Not Working Do You Think That Would Cause That????

Well, If its stock it needs to be replaced anyway
icon_smile.gif
.

Is the pump recieving 12v? If not check the fuse behind the alternator...it is for the pump. Have you hotwired your IC Pump yet, should do that too if you havent.
Ok.gif
 

MEAT BALL

TY 0527
Re: Engine Misses When Hot

I Didn't Know About The Fues There But I Did Hot Wire It And It Didn't Kick On. The Truck Does Have 79,000 Miles. A Full Tune Up And All The Vac Lines Are New.
 

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.
Re: Engine Misses When Hot

MEAT BALL said:
I Didn't Know About The Fues There But I Did Hot Wire It And It Didn't Kick On. The Truck Does Have 79,000 Miles. A Full Tune Up And All The Vac Lines Are New.

Have you checked the 12v+ and ground going to the pump yet? If you've got power and a good ground there, your pump is dead. Go with a Shurflo or Johnson IC pump if you havent already.

BTW, Is It A Lot Of Work To Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word?:rotf:

J/K man, just a little funky looking!:lol:
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Engine Misses When Hot

I have the same problem except my truck doesnt run bad, just at part throttle when its over 65* out it sounds like its missing. Doesnt lose any performance though. Just sounds like its missing. Ive tried to track it down sine Ive had the truck, even after my new motor it still does it. Does yours lose performance? does it miss at WOT?

Mike
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Engine Misses When Hot

So you dont actually feel a miss when you are physically driving? If this is the case then I would say its pretty normal. My TY and everyones Ive been in does the same thing.

Mike
 

ghettosled

SYTY SUPERSTORE
Re: Engine Misses When Hot

check the routing of your plug wires.. may be arching when hot or something stupid like that.
 

syclonekid43

New member
Re: Engine Misses When Hot

my syclone has a miss at idle. 65% of the time when i turn on the fan on the lower cooler it stalls
 
Top