Front Air dam/IC scoop

nallj92

Active member
you basically take a rubbermaid or some storage container, cut it up to fit and screw it in your self, its about 4 bucks for the tote and it can make two, i made some this summer, cheap and effective
102_0215.JPG
 

nallj92

Active member
i left some extra material on the far back and i used the existing cche studs that held on the black deflector and mounted the bottom on with that, then i drilled and used some self tapper screws and screwed side tabs into the side of the cche mount,
 

turbodog

Donating Member
nallj92 said:
i left some extra material on the far back and i used the existing cche studs that held on the black deflector and mounted the bottom on with that, then i drilled and used some self tapper screws and screwed side tabs into the side of the cche mount,

Ditto. The 1st link you posted was mine. I based my scoop on the Sytyarchives site. It slides over the crossmember at the rear, attaches to the CCHE studs at the bottom, and attached to the sides of the CCHE bracket thru holes I drilled using machine screws.

I added edge molding along the front edge, gives it a nice finished appearance. I got the black tote at the Container Store.

I've already destroyed one (caught a 'gator on my way to 2003 Nats, bent it all to hell). It was easy to replace (you get 2 scoops per tote) and did no damage to the CCHE.
 
Top