GM alarm issues.

b00sted87

New member
I have a 92 Typhoon. The issue i have with my factory alarm system is that everytime the ignition is turned off or the key is removed, the truck arms itself after about 5 seconds without ever locking the truck with the remote. If i open the door on the truck the alarm goes off every time. To turn the alarm off, the key must be cycled while pressing the alarm button mounted under the dash simultaneously. I've searched around and can't really find out how to bypass this so i dont have to press the button everytime I start the truck, or open the door??? I have read that disconnecting the fuse really doesn't help the issue? Any ideas???

Thanks!
 

b00sted87

New member
Re: GM alarm issues.

The box has a GM label and says, "Vehicle Security System." There is a decal on the back of it with a full pin-out that states what everything is for and how it works. I would imagine that a previous owner had it installed by a dealer. A friend of mine has a 93 Camaro with the exact same system on it. I also just looked at a Aspen blue 92 Ty that was equipped with the same system. For the time being, i just disconnected the annoying siren that went off evertime i opened the door. Although i still have to press the disarm button while turning the key to disarm it.
 

warmpancakes

New member
Re: GM alarm issues.

2 bottons on the remote? If so its most likely a old code alarm piece can you post a picture of tbe remote?
 

GAShan

Donating Member
Re: GM alarm issues.

GM dealer installed alarms are Codealarm Elite series. They were sold under the Goodwrench label. Part numbers I have are VSS200 GM # 12344681 and VSS350 GM # 12444678. They cross over to Codealarm Elite models, but I don't have the CA Elite part numbers at my fingertips. I checked both and neither has a passive arming option that makes them arm automatically. Programming on the comparable CA models was done by cutting loops on the alarm brain module, which should be located under the center console. I believe cutting the blue loop eliminates passive arming.
 

b00sted87

New member
Re: GM alarm issues.

Warmpankackes, both remotes have 3 buttons. (Unlock, lock, and rear hatch releae.) I'll get a few pictures and post them up.

GAShan, I'll also check for the blue loop under the center console. By snipping it, will the remote still opperate properly to unlock and lock the truck? You did say it was just for the passive alamr?


Thanks!
 
Top