gmhtp mag 10-8-05

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: gmhtp mag 10-8-05

Junior1 said:
Joe Keller was launching hard and I believe most of his 60' times were less than 2.0, maybe just not on his best run tho.
I launched hard only on my last run and went 1.86.
Baythan has never run on a dragstrip nor boost launched before that day, so I'd chalk his run up to being a beginner.
Smaug kept blowin the connector from the intercooler to the throttle body off under boost, so that definately played a part.

And no the Z06 was not running slicks. The guy was just beatin the piss out of it.

And the steering wheels may be the same wheel with just a different center cap.

HTH

I dont think the 60 ft. time the put for me was right. I couldnt believe it when I saw it. I usually have alot better 60's than that. At the local track im always 1.7's - 1.8's and its like driving on ice compared E'town. It was a nice track. :dunno:
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: gmhtp mag 10-8-05

No excuses needed, I was just curious. A 2.2 sec. 60' isn't that impressive, especially for an AWD automatic turbo. Were they issuing time slips that day? Anyone compare for accuracy?
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: gmhtp mag 10-8-05

They didnt issue any time slips that day. They had them all on a giant print out and you had to know what order you raced in to know your time.
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: gmhtp mag 10-8-05

Seems like you guys got the wrong times or something. I think a stock Ty could run a 2.2 60' with out launching. Oh well, at least you got in a magazine. Congrats again :tup:
 
Top