Hesitation

91SY-1804

New member
Well I don't know where to start. Sometimes when I go full throttle my boost gauge will break even in the vacume and my truch will kinda hesitate. It doesn't really go anywhere. It kinda stutters and there is a little bit of a knocking sound {Yes I am running 93 octane.} On the next try everything will be fine and it pulls hard. What do you guys think?
 

SeattleSy#1255

Category 5 Conservative
Re: Hesitation

what chip?
Ignition parts?


that knocking is very bad if you can hear it...stay out of it for now.
 

conlyn

New member
Re: Hesitation

yes, keep your damn foot out of it before you kill it and cry

when i had this problem, it was my air intake crossover tube, and the illfated breaking of the plastic part that connects to the turbo... it was under the orange tube so i couldn't see it from the outside

but a quick tug and i realized it was REALLY lose and i'm just lucky i noticed it before it lobbed shards of plastic into my turbo
 

91SY-1804

New member
Re: Hesitation

It has an ATR pitbull street chip, and as far as I know everything else is stock. If the knocking was detonation wouldn't I have to be boosting to experience it? The boost gauge was dead even when I heard it.
 

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: Hesitation

If it truly sounded like knock/pre-ignition then that's prolly what it was. As mentioned check complete air intake system. I'd have to hear it but, as always, check ign, timing, wires/cap (cross firing where the spark actually ends up at the wrong plug because of bad wires/cap) Also sounds like a pos lean condition. Do you have a FP gauge? Check eng light? Codes?
 
Top