Huge restriction in the fuel tank

4.3CPI

New member
While doing some custom work on my Blazer (turning the tank into a carb style and using a Walbro GSL 392 inline pump), I noticed something that may be of importance to you Sy/Ty guys.

Pics to come, if wanted, Monday or Tuesday.

After the fuel pump, it connects to a short rubber hose. Where it turns back into metal on the sending unit, GM in it's infinite wisdom, took 3/8" tubing, rolled it down to 5/16" for the hose to slip over, then roll cut it to something approximately 1/4". All the fuel that you need has to pass through that tiny little restriction.

I doodn't like lack of fuel supply any more than y'all, especially since it can cost YOU an engine.

Scott
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Huge restriction in the fuel tank

Most of us have replaced our stock pumps with a Walbro unit. Pretty sure everyone whose done it takes out the pulsator and uses the supplied 3/8th in. hose

hangerdone2.jpg
 

sy#2921

BAMF
Re: Huge restriction in the fuel tank

What the OP is getting at is where the rubber tubing goes over the metal tube on the sending unit that it restricts down. I have seen what he is talking about when I did my sending unit earlier this year. I cut the metal tube on the sending unit to where it was one uniform size then used a piece of rubbering tubing about 1-1/2" longer
 
Top