ice in intercooler reservoir

rarebit

New member
i just tried the heater core thing. i let the a/c run for ten minutes. the water gets cooler then ambient for sure but the damn intake temps are still 127 deg. i guess vegas is just to damn hot...how much would isnulating all the lines help? where is all that heat coming from? when not even under boost the mat says 127 degrees.
 

kwick6

Donating Member
Just sitting here bored at work so I'll add .02 :eek:

Are you looking for a daily driver type setup?
For the street, try an aux cooler in the grill. One that won't completely block the radiator. Or a fan on your lower heat exchanger.

You can get tons of different size heater cores. I use one out of a semi that makes about 12 passes through copper, and its mounted in front of the radiator. I will probably look for a bigger pump, as the jabsco doesn't flow fast enough for this setup, but MATS are decent ~115 on a 80* day.

You can't beat the ice at the track, works great. But I'm sure your probably looking for street use as well. I'd close off flow to the ice chest and have it routed different for the street, somehow so you can direct the flow for each situation.

Later,
Scott
 
Top