Installed a Blow Off Valve Today, pics inside

TYPHUZION

New member
Tig welded this Turbo XS BOV today onto my custom 2.5" aluminum turbo pipe.

It sounds incredible!!!

Makes the truck alot more fun to drive.

I use to cringe every time I got off the throttle and heard the turbo surge.

Now just a nice whooooosh sound.

I will try and host some sound clips tommorow if anyone is interested.

Would anyone be interested in one of these BOV pipes if I were to fab some up?

One nice thing about this valve is that you can cap it if you are at the track running ultra high boost if you don't want to worry about it leaking (even though it doesn't below 25psi).

Picture%20194.jpg

Picture%20195.jpg
 

93ty475

Donating Member
interested in sound clip as well...will it be a driving sound clip or just revving in nuetral and powerbraking?

thanks,
 

TYPHUZION

New member
The polished aluminum mandrel bend was about $30

The 2"-2.5" adapter hoses were $25 each.

The BOV was $150.

If you use a 2" pipe it would be cheaper, I am trying a 2.5" pipe as an experiment.

It seems to spool quicker with the 2.5" pipe which is unusual.

I will try to do some driving video clips.

Even when only spooling 2-3psi it has a nice strong whooosh sound.

At 15psi I have scared the crap out of several pedestrians. :lol:
 

TYPHUZION

New member
syclone2365 said:
here's a few pic's of my Turbo XS RFL-S w/ Bob Galla SS pipe
quote]

Very Nice, Great minds think alike.

I was going to use the RFL but just incase of any leakage I wanted to be able to cap it at the track.

Hows that thing sound?

You could always remove the spring and replace it with a wood dowel to seal yours if you wanted to.

I will say that I did a test today with the help of a freind.

I put a balloon on my blow off valve and brake boosted with the hood open, the ballon never moved until I let off.

This proved that it doesn't leak at 18psi.

when I let off it instantly blew up and burst.

We had fun putting ballons on it and just reaching over and cracking the Throttle Body and sending the thing flying.

It got old after the 10th one but I could see us amusing ourselves at the next car show, the little kids will love it. :bday:
 

syclone2365

New member
i'll take a few show videos tomorow n see if i can get them hosted
what were all of you interested in seeing...(inside, outside, neutral??)
let me know and i'll see what i can do
 

VinPecora

New member
I want one!!! Let me know how much... ... If i send you my bob galla pipe would you be able to do the setup with it, or is it easier with your setup?? please email me if you will do it. thanks
 

S4Vince

New member
Gotta ask a silly question but where does the hose on top of the BOV go to? Is the stock wastegate removed. Somewhat new with these turbo cars (modifying that is).

Thanks....
 

Spinall4

New member
S4Vince said:
Gotta ask a silly question but where does the hose on top of the BOV go to? Is the stock wastegate removed. Somewhat new with these turbo cars (modifying that is).

Thanks....

It goes to a vacume port some where off the intake manifold(you want it to have vacume when you let off the throttle, and the tb closes, and gives your bov vac. to open). A bov has nothing to do with a waste gate, the bov just relives pressure when ever you let off the throttle quickly so that it doesn't try to spin the turbo backwards(this is bad).
 

Vaders Sy

Donating Member
Turbo XS RFL Blow off valve stands for Real F$cking Loud. Heard many in person, they are loud. Nice job with the fabrication.

I have always used Blitz BOVs on the Honda's. Something about that sound that I like way to much :)
 

TYPHUZION

New member
Sorry guys I haven't been on here in a while, I have been busy getting my Supra ready for this season.

If anyone wants one of these I can do them with any BOV.

Email me with which combo you want at: sales@fuzionauto.com

I like the one I used because it can easily be capped and you can also put different ends on it to make it sound differently.

I just put an HKS Racing BOV on my Supra and it is the best sounding BOV I have ever heard.
 
Top