It's about time I did this!!! 92 TY owner.

paul30

paul30
Hi to all. I have been on board for a bit now and really appreciate the knowledge and comraderie. I live in Cardston Alberta where there is only one other high power enthusiast(3500 pop.) However going North to Lethbrige,Calgary,and Edmonton, things really get going. Grande Prairie also houses 2 more Sy/Tyers'. I have just had my Transmission rebuilt by Campbell Auto in Edmonton and some rust repair at back passenger side window,done locally. I have been easy on the Ty. and have had a few 1/2 throttle Spool-Ups at about 12 psi. and It feels great. Still have Low(18 psi) and high(25psi) to test. This is great for me as I waited over 2 months while the tranny was done. I unknowingly bought my Ty. during snow season and didn't know the tranny was already a Major problem. I have a 77 Astre/Vega to drive occasionally on the Street/Track. Runs high 10's-11.0's. The 2 rides could not be much more different. Astre is Loud, Solid harsh riding, Intense and Stressful(watching gauges). In other words No Comforts!!! The Ty. has all the options and upgraded Stereo,Air Cond. and black Leather seats. It drives like an old lady could take for groceries, yet can turn into a Fire-Breathing Dragon Slayer when on high Boost. Absolutely incredible 91 octane machine. I better mention that "Mark Campbell" built it as his own, and I am second owner after him. Prev. owner kept it only as short time. It is a Japan Ty. Sorry for the long read. Hope to meet some of you's in the future. Paul30.TY # 0245 P.S. there is a video on Sy/Ty homecoming(Canada) Where Mark raced it. Take a look when you have a moment.......
 

bizkit

bonofied SyTy junkie
Re: It's about time I did this!!! 92 TY owner.

Welcome to the 'club'. I think you got yourself one hell of a Ty.
 

SBNova

New member
Re: It's about time I did this!!! 92 TY owner.

I second your opinion of the Astre/Vega. Ive got a 71 Nova that runs in the 12's, but is a true street car (A/C, overdrive,stereo) yet it still isnt anywhere near as "easy" to drive as my Ty. My Nova is faster than my Ty but it is harsh and brutal when you get on it just like you said.

I think its all about EFI, and the turbo. Maybe someday the Nova will get a turbo/efi setup!
 
Top