Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

powercat6

Active member
So Marlboro bought ten new Syclones from GMC and then had Shinoda modify the interiors and exteriors. My question is what happened to the twenty Sy seats, 40 SyTy wheels and SVX tires, the 10 Delco tape decks, 10 bed covers, etc. that originally came in the trucks? Is someone sitting on a mother load of Sy parts? Just curious if anyone knows.
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

My guess, they were given back to GMC to reuse on the production line or put in GM inventory as parts. Either that, or they are stored and lost somewhere with ASC.
 

UR50SLO

V6+2=LSXCamaro
Re: Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

When you find that answer go ahead and let me know about the 4-5 Typhoons like mine that were made with no cladding and 4x4 rims. ....

No one else wants to help on that either.
~Scott
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

Ive got word from a reliable owner that he has a lead on a 92 Royal. Not 93, but 92. But before you guys get all foamy at the mouth, its wrecked.....bad. There's a possibility it was Mike Poccobello's truck.
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

When you find that answer go ahead and let me know about the 4-5 Typhoons like mine that were made with no cladding and 4x4 rims. ....

No one else wants to help on that either.
~Scott

John Koss told me it was unpossible to get a RPO Typhoon with no cladding.There may have been some 91 Jimmy vinned mules,but NO WAY one went down the assembly line sans cladding.

BTW He was in charge of the entire PAS project. ;)
 

warmpancakes

New member
Re: Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

the parts are in the same warehouse with the remaining targa converted typhoon on 8 mile road in southfield michigan
 

UR50SLO

V6+2=LSXCamaro
Re: Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

Here's the PAS tag from the truck..with build date.

I do paint/body for a living. I know the quarters have not been replaced. There are no holes welded up where the cladding mounts should have been on the front of the panel. If there were I'd have seen that from the inside of the truck. I checked that before I ever bought it.

The PAS sticker has never been removed.. it came on this body... it's not been re-painted either. So What ever this truck is... it's definatly not a "production" line regular truck.
I'm all ears...
~Scott
PASsticker.JPG
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

So Marlboro bought ten new Syclones from GMC and then had Shinoda modify the interiors and exteriors. My question is what happened to the twenty Sy seats, 40 SyTy wheels and SVX tires, the 10 Delco tape decks, 10 bed covers, etc. that originally came in the trucks? Is someone sitting on a mother load of Sy parts? Just curious if anyone knows.

Marlboro negotiated a price of $12,000 for each of the Marlboro Syclone's, which less than half the cost It has to be below GM's cost to make Syclone. I would be be surprise if they didn't come with seats, wheel, or cover when shipped.
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

Here's the PAS tag from the truck..with build date.

I do paint/body for a living. I know the quarters have not been replaced. There are no holes welded up where the cladding mounts should have been on the front of the panel. If there were I'd have seen that from the inside of the truck. I checked that before I ever bought it.

The PAS sticker has never been removed.. it came on this body... it's not been re-painted either. So What ever this truck is... it's definatly not a "production" line regular truck.
I'm all ears...
~Scott
PASsticker.JPG

I dunno Scott,maybe John is mistaken.

When I met him,I picked his brain for about an hour. He said the Typhoon was a Jimmy option,and every Jimmy/Typhoon was an AWD turbo,leather interior,cladding truck.

What if I found a cloth interior Ty? Or a 2WD NA Ty?

How aboot an AWD NA Jimmy with cladding and a vinyl bench seat,rubber floors and a 5 speed?

All I'm saying is what dude told me.I don't KNOW it's not real.
 

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

Scott, your truck might be one of the test trucks that they actually drove around before they started to them it into production. And someone either slipped or screwed up and gave it to someone or a manager got it and figured it was just a pos and sold it or something?

I mean stranger things have probably happened from auto companies.
 

UR50SLO

V6+2=LSXCamaro
Re: Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

I'm not trying to say this guy doesn't know what happend back then. I'd love to sit and have a conversation with someone like that who was involved with the project. You are lucky to have done that!

The truck I have is in shambles anyway. It needs everything.

From the rumors and talks with a few that have been around it have said it was built early for GM executives to try out in a regular Jimmy exterior but Typhoon interior and Typhoon driveline.
The older pictures I had when it was at the nats one year was just like that... 4x4 rims.. Ty inerior
and no cladding/chrome bumpers.

I'd really like to know the real history from others that have been around it..maby some documentaiton. There were 5 made from what people have said. 2-3 have been crushed and one is in FL. But again... going off what someone had said.
Maby we can invite some of the old PAS guys to the next event?
~Scott
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

2-3 have been crushed and one is in FL. But again... going off what someone had said.

Scott, where at in FL? If its central FL I can go searching.... and I'll be in the Miami area at the end of January.
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

I'm not trying to say this guy doesn't know what happend back then. I'd love to sit and have a conversation with someone like that who was involved with the project. You are lucky to have done that!

The truck I have is in shambles anyway. It needs everything.

From the rumors and talks with a few that have been around it have said it was built early for GM executives to try out in a regular Jimmy exterior but Typhoon interior and Typhoon driveline.
The older pictures I had when it was at the nats one year was just like that... 4x4 rims.. Ty inerior
and no cladding/chrome bumpers.

I'd really like to know the real history from others that have been around it..maby some documentaiton. There were 5 made from what people have said. 2-3 have been crushed and one is in FL. But again... going off what someone had said.
Maby we can invite some of the old PAS guys to the next event?
~Scott
You should talk to Marty or Merk aboot it.
They know more than anyone.

BTW it's not an "early" truck> 881 is aboot 1/3 through the production run. ;)
 

targue

New member
Re: Marlboro Syclone Original parts question

All 10 trucks were ship to asc as complete syclones, they all came form defrent dealer ships not gm. I was told by my contract that the parts were sold off and scraped.


Tom
 
Top