typhoon43
New member
Well I finally got everything buttoned up, and decided to head to the dyno for my first tune. We had some issues with the boost falling off after 4500 rpms, but luckily the shop had a box of Tial wastegate springs. I called JGS and they told me that the Tial springs were identical to theirs and I could go with a heavier spring. We put that in and BAM.. boost held.
All runs were on good old 93 Pump Gas. I'm going to play with her for a while and then go for the balls out race tune. I'm pretty damn happy with the "street tune" though
Anyways, onto the pics and videos....
One of the last Dyno pulls. Made about 9 of them hehe.
Right click--> save as (19MB) http://www.hyperfiberbbq.com/uploader/files/1/Lightning/pumpgasdynolowres.wmv
On the ride home through Mexico (ahem), I tried from a stop. Had the boost turned down to 17 pounds. I can hear the wastegate fluttering in the vid so I still need to tweak the EBoost2 a little. Still pulls great.
Right Click --> save as (10MB)
http://www.hyperfiberbbq.com/uploader/files/1/Lightning/streetlaunch.wmv
And the money shot. This is where we left her. Not too shabby for a street truck. Race tune numbers in a while. I want to enjoy her for a bit. All in all I'm in LOVE. The truck drives totally stock until you stab it.
I know it's not a Phoon, but I'll tell you what, after going almost 10 years without a turbo truck and feeling that rush of power, it just made me miss my Turbo Cucumber even more when I first hammered the Lightning. One day I plan on getting back to one, but for right now my Lightning is going to have to keep me satisfied, which so far it has. 3500 RPM Billet 3 clutch TQ Converter is sitting here in my cube. Can't wait to see how much that helps vs. the stock 1800 unit in there now. Hopefully she'll get out of the hole better. We'll see soon! Keep it spoolin' gang.
All runs were on good old 93 Pump Gas. I'm going to play with her for a while and then go for the balls out race tune. I'm pretty damn happy with the "street tune" though
Anyways, onto the pics and videos....
One of the last Dyno pulls. Made about 9 of them hehe.
Right click--> save as (19MB) http://www.hyperfiberbbq.com/uploader/files/1/Lightning/pumpgasdynolowres.wmv
On the ride home through Mexico (ahem), I tried from a stop. Had the boost turned down to 17 pounds. I can hear the wastegate fluttering in the vid so I still need to tweak the EBoost2 a little. Still pulls great.
Right Click --> save as (10MB)
http://www.hyperfiberbbq.com/uploader/files/1/Lightning/streetlaunch.wmv
And the money shot. This is where we left her. Not too shabby for a street truck. Race tune numbers in a while. I want to enjoy her for a bit. All in all I'm in LOVE. The truck drives totally stock until you stab it.
I know it's not a Phoon, but I'll tell you what, after going almost 10 years without a turbo truck and feeling that rush of power, it just made me miss my Turbo Cucumber even more when I first hammered the Lightning. One day I plan on getting back to one, but for right now my Lightning is going to have to keep me satisfied, which so far it has. 3500 RPM Billet 3 clutch TQ Converter is sitting here in my cube. Can't wait to see how much that helps vs. the stock 1800 unit in there now. Hopefully she'll get out of the hole better. We'll see soon! Keep it spoolin' gang.
Last edited: