Hi everyone!
Really excited to own one of these- bought a 1993 Ty with a McCoy motor in it. This thing has been dragged and now we're looking to put it back into a more reliable form.
Reason I got interested in these is funny- I had a 1987 944Turbo which was pretty fast- back in 1992-93. I was running on I95 one day and saw this black S10 Blazer coming up behind me, fast. I watched him go by at about 100. I stepped on mine, and couldn't pass him in the traffic- he was pretty good at zig zagging- which I feel pretty confident at myself- as much as you can be in Miami in traffic.
I had no idea what it was- I saw the Typhoon logo, and always wondered. I know I'd have beaten him on an open road- my 944T had seen 156mph and was still climbing before, and I regularly pushed it past 140.
So later on I learned more about them, really liked the idea- not really the idea that I would have a small SUV that I can't tow my Feathercraft boat with, but the fun of driving it is really great. Its my wifes car- taking the kids to school, picking up groceries, and we blast around town in it.
What I'm not really excited about, is all the little repairs we're doing. I'll be looking for advice to make it so I can justifiably keep this in my possession.
My last 4 digits are 0103 if anyone has any history on it- came from PA to FL about 5-6 years ago.
Thanks!
Really excited to own one of these- bought a 1993 Ty with a McCoy motor in it. This thing has been dragged and now we're looking to put it back into a more reliable form.
Reason I got interested in these is funny- I had a 1987 944Turbo which was pretty fast- back in 1992-93. I was running on I95 one day and saw this black S10 Blazer coming up behind me, fast. I watched him go by at about 100. I stepped on mine, and couldn't pass him in the traffic- he was pretty good at zig zagging- which I feel pretty confident at myself- as much as you can be in Miami in traffic.
I had no idea what it was- I saw the Typhoon logo, and always wondered. I know I'd have beaten him on an open road- my 944T had seen 156mph and was still climbing before, and I regularly pushed it past 140.
So later on I learned more about them, really liked the idea- not really the idea that I would have a small SUV that I can't tow my Feathercraft boat with, but the fun of driving it is really great. Its my wifes car- taking the kids to school, picking up groceries, and we blast around town in it.
What I'm not really excited about, is all the little repairs we're doing. I'll be looking for advice to make it so I can justifiably keep this in my possession.
My last 4 digits are 0103 if anyone has any history on it- came from PA to FL about 5-6 years ago.
Thanks!