Removing dome lamp

nastety92

New member
I'm in the process of removing my whole interior and I got to the dome lamp and I'm kind of stuck. The dome lamp is held on through two metal studs and a metal retainer. I'm wondering how I can the metal piece off without ruining everything?
Any ideas?

Thanks for the help,
Nick
 

kentuc

Member
Re: Removing dome lamp

Remove retainers carefully with a long nose plier. Flatten them out and you can reuse them.
 

nastety92

New member
Re: Removing dome lamp

Remove retainers carefully with a long nose plier. Flatten them out and you can reuse them.

I tried removing the retainers carefully but it didnt work. I broke the dome lamp off, I dont think its going back on anyway.
Thanks though.

Nick
 

graham1524

Well-known member
Re: Removing dome lamp

i removed the one on my sy when i redid the headliner and never put it back in i think it looks better
 
Top