Runnnig driving parts Typhoon

TyFun

New member
1st of all let me say that I hate to sell but I could use some extra funds right now and second of all please keep "I'd do this" and "I'd do that" posts to your self. I seem to run into that alot here. I'm listing in the parts section due to a salvage title and the 3 previous dumbass owners who all thought they could sign the title and never attempt to get it regestered in their names before passing it on to the next owner. I bought it as a parts vehicle and nothing was hidden but it has been my daily driver (with a dealer tag) for several months now. I had hopes of making it into a nice sleeper jimmy and still will if it doesn't sell. The title is ugly. It can be fixed and I've talked to a title expert and they say that they can get it back to a "clear salvage title" meaning they can clean up where the previous dumbasses had signed it and eventually I can have a "salvage title" in my name. I was quoted around $900 to have this done. It isn't worth it to me.Ok that being said, here is what I have for sale:

1992 Typhoon with 55k original miles. It is Ty 1314 and was wrecked sometime back in 2001 from what I can dig up. It sustained front end damage and apparently cladding damage all over. It was repaired (minus cladding) but never inspected and regestered as it should have been. The owner that I bought it from removed the color matched cowl hood and cowl to put on his S10 so at this time it has a different color hood and cowl. The engine is bone stock except for a K&N type air filter. It has no cladding and has stock S10 4x4 wheels on it now. I have stock S10 bumpers to go on it. (makes for the great sleeper look if you like that sort of thing) The interior is pretty well perfect. Dash has no cracks, it has stock working cassette player and the seats are flawless and carpet and mats look great. It runs and drives pretty well perfect. Sunroof that doesn't leak a drop. The Ty is green with no rack. This would make a perfect complete transplant rig for someone or if you want to fight the title battle then you can possibly have you a cheap sleeper Typhoon. I want $3500 and it is worth every penny if just for the drivetrain but you are actually getting a whole typhoon. I don't have any pics but I could text or email them. Shoot me a text at 828-260-5674.
Thanks,
Steve
 

TyFun

New member
Re: Runnnig driving parts Typhoon

I drive it every day and it is very dependable. I would trust it on a long road trip. I took it on a 300 mile round trip a few weeks ago with zero problems. If someone came with a transport or dealer tag you could drive it home.
 

V8 Sonoma GT

Mile High SyTy
Re: Runnnig driving parts Typhoon

ty1_zps9d7a9496.jpg

ty2_zpsa299f679.jpg

ty3_zps1e44a2e5.jpg

ty4_zps2f9cad82.jpg

ty5_zpsebff3263.jpg

ty6_zps288223e0.jpg

ty7_zps3cd8308a.jpg
 

TyFun

New member
Re: Runnnig driving parts Typhoon

I likeeeee throw some bumpers on it and bam super fun times! :tup:

I've got a set of chrome bumpers for it. The rear even has a trailer hitch. If I keep it i'm putting the chrome molding kit across the bottom from the front to the rear bumper. Looks like something my grandfather would have driven. True sleeper.
 

Logan

Member
Re: Runnnig driving parts Typhoon

This is one of those deals that I am gonna kick myself in the ass for letting go.....I am just gonna smile and think happy thoughts.
 

TyFun

New member
Re: Runnnig driving parts Typhoon

This is one of those deals that I am gonna kick myself in the ass for letting go.....I am just gonna smile and think happy thoughts.

Haha. I've done it. I still regret not buying some things that I let slide. You need this thing dude! Don't let it pass you by!!!! You'll kick yourself!!!
 
Top