I'm doing my first ty minor (upper) rebuild and didn't apply rtv to the lower intake bolts as this thread indicates should be done...
http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25002&highlight=intake+bolt
I did, however, clean threads on both bolts/studs and heads so everything is clean and dry...and put a ring of rtv around the bolt hole between head and gasket. Can I back them out one at a time (assume in order that they are tightened), apply a little rtv to thread and re-tourque or will the ring work?
btw - the manual says water pump bolts need to be sealed but couldn't find anything in it about sealing intake bolts.
Thanks for the help.
http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25002&highlight=intake+bolt
I did, however, clean threads on both bolts/studs and heads so everything is clean and dry...and put a ring of rtv around the bolt hole between head and gasket. Can I back them out one at a time (assume in order that they are tightened), apply a little rtv to thread and re-tourque or will the ring work?
btw - the manual says water pump bolts need to be sealed but couldn't find anything in it about sealing intake bolts.
Thanks for the help.
Last edited: