Should I buy this?

12secondSY

Syty Killer :(
http://www.turbotime.us/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=1D10000-1128179453

My old engine sent a bunch of metal through the oil system so Im going to use a different cooler and run different lines anyways. By the time I put fittings in my stock oil system, switch to braided lines, and buy a cooler Im thinking maybe I should just do this instead. Has anyone tapped the stock remote oil filter adapter and filter mount to run braided lines and a cooler? What did it cost?
 

ty166

Donating Member
Re: Should I buy this?

i had the guys at work duplicate the flange the original lines go into and tap it 3/8 npt for a fitting to go to 8an , but then thought thats just another place for it to leak. probably next week i will have them tap the block adapter and filter housing to 3/8npt , i'll let you know how it turns out , it looks to have more than enough material to tap.
 

4C FED

Absolutum Dominium
Re: Should I buy this?

I plugged the bypass in the block & ditched the stock remote filter mount, which also has a bypass in it.
I used Aeroquip socketless hose & fittings. The fittings are what make the price go up quick. To save money, buy straight hose ends & angled adapters. The angled hose ends get expensive. And no need for special cutters when using the socketless hose.
 

jjorgensen52

NHSTE - I'm the only one!
Re: Should I buy this?

There are multiple members who have tapped the block for a AN fitting... besides, if you screw one up you can get another one at a boneyard for probably $15 :2cents:
 

12secondSY

Syty Killer :(
Re: Should I buy this?

4C FED said:
I plugged the bypass in the block & ditched the stock remote filter mount, which also has a bypass in it.
I used Aeroquip socketless hose & fittings. The fittings are what make the price go up quick. To save money, buy straight hose ends & angled adapters. The angled hose ends get expensive. And no need for special cutters when using the socketless hose.
About how much did it end up costing you?
 

4C FED

Absolutum Dominium
Re: Should I buy this?

12secondSY said:
About how much did it end up costing you?

I priced it out & today it would cost $250.00. That is with 20' of hose, which would be a lot more than you would need, 90 degree hose ends & straight adapters & an oil filter adapter.

If you went with 90 degree adpaters, straight hose ends & 15' of hose you would spend ~$200. That includes the oil filter adapter.

Aeroquip Socketless hose can be almost as difficult to assemble as braided steel. You have to heat up the hose in hot water, lube the inside with WD40 & start pushing. You're hands will get a very good workout by the time you are done.
 

4C FED

Absolutum Dominium
Re: Should I buy this?

12secondSY said:
Thinking about just buying this and an oil cooler. Then just putting it under the vehicle somewhere with a shield to protect the filters. Anyone see a problem with running something like this?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=PRM%2D10795&N=700+4294925232+4294839075+4294817872+4294908216+4294840129+115&autoview=sku

Yeah, I don't believe that block adapter will work.

I can take a pic of mine which uses the stock block adapter and a portion of the old hard tubing from the block adapter to where it clears the P/S pump. That way you don't have to worry about high heat degrading a hose.
 
Top