Stock turbo record.. should it count?

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Stock turbo record.. should it count?

MikeRenz said:
what tuning did you do if you were just running a pitbull chip?
No tuning @ all , I just put in the magic Pitbull chip & Bammm! 12.29 ;)
Really though,I just did one mod @ a time ,tested it tuned it then went on to the next mod & so on.
The Pitbull chip is a good safe rich chip. Anyone else have any success w/a Pitbul chip?
 
Last edited:

Six-is-Enough

Use to do a little Boost
Re: Stock turbo record.. should it count?

Do you have any proof of this time? A time slip,video, or a credible witness?
 

JustBeachin

Plays well with others
Re: Stock turbo record.. should it count?

Six-is-Enough said:
Do you have any proof of this time? A time slip,video, or a credible witness?

This was a while back, but if I recall...quite a few of the SoCal guys were there. Myself and Sean Morris included.
 

TurboJunk

questionable
Re: Stock turbo record.. should it count?

LBoogie said:
You went almost as fast with less stuff than he did...so what. Bottom line is, his is faster now. Why not see at as a challenge to make your truck faster?
i dont think anyone could of said it better... but also if doing all those hidding mods like making your truck lighter made it faster... have it you dont have to GUTT the truck but theres little things that can be done.
Stock turbo record should mean stock motor/intercooler/turbo. cause if that isnt the case didnt someone go in the 11's with a stock turbo and a built motor/ aftermarket intercool?
 

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Stock turbo record.. should it count?

TurboJunk said:
i dont think anyone could of said it better... but also if doing all those hidding mods like making your truck lighter made it faster... have it you dont have to GUTT the truck but theres little things that can be done.
Stock turbo record should mean stock motor/intercooler/turbo. cause if that isnt the case didnt someone go in the 11's with a stock turbo and a built motor/ aftermarket intercool?

I would think that changing to a transmission w/better gear spacing should not count.(keeps the engine in the torque curve) I guess I am the only one that thinks that way. :2cents:
There has been Sy's running in the 11's but that was w/a aftermarket DFI. Should that count also?
 

TurboJunk

questionable
Re: Stock turbo record.. should it count?

It's just a six said:
I would think that changing to a transmission w/better gear spacing should not count.(keeps the engine in the torque curve) I guess I am the only one that thinks that way. :2cents:
There has been Sy's running in the 11's but that was w/a aftermarket DFI. Should that count also?
No it shouldnt, but if your talking STOCK TURBO then yes.
your truck is in stock condition... and is very impressive instead of argueing about aftermarket parts why dont you do some tweks to your truck and reclaim the CROWN of stock equipment! (turbo/cooler/trans/converter/downpipe.......etc!)
 

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Stock turbo record.. should it count?

TurboJunk said:
No it shouldnt, but if your talking STOCK TURBO then yes.
your truck is in stock condition... and is very impressive instead of argueing about aftermarket parts why dont you do some tweks to your truck and reclaim the CROWN of stock equipment! (turbo/cooler/trans/converter/downpipe.......etc!)

I plan on taking it out again when I get some time to. I'll just run it the way it is right now & post it next time I race. :tup:
 

sytyguy

Moderated User
Re: Stock turbo record.. should it count?

It's just a six said:
No tuning @ all.........I just did one mod @ a time, tested it tuned it then went on to the next mod & so on.

What kind of tuning did you do? You mention you tuned each mod, but have said repeatedly that you did no tuning. Not sure I understand. However, I have had good results with a Pitbull chip (nothing remotely comparable to doing my own tuning, though), but if you look at the binary work that they did, there is A LOT left on the table in that chip. I think a custom chip could net you the gains you seek.

I would be interested to see a video/slip of that run. Boggles the mind how you shaved a full second off a perfect stock run with only a chip, high flow intake, exhaust, MSD box, AFPR, and Aux cooler. You even had 10 year old plugs, cap, and rotor? Wow.

Hood
 

It's just a six

Super Member
Re: Stock turbo record.. should it count?

sytyguy said:
What kind of tuning did you do? You mention you tuned each mod, but have said repeatedly that you did no tuning. Not sure I understand. However, I have had good results with a Pitbull chip (nothing remotely comparable to doing my own tuning, though), but if you look at the binary work that they did, there is A LOT left on the table in that chip. I think a custom chip could net you the gains you seek.

I would be interested to see a video/slip of that run. Boggles the mind how you shaved a full second off a perfect stock run with only a chip, high flow intake, exhaust, MSD box, AFPR, and Aux cooler. You even had 10 year old plugs, cap, and rotor? Wow.

Hood

I was being sarcastic... stating I do not do any tuning... ha ha..
I am sure there are better chips out there. But why was it so hard to beat my truck all this time? Running ungodly amounts of boost, custom chip tunning alky injection high stall converters, & so on..
As far as a video clip/timeslip,it was not video taped & the time slip is somewhere?
I had about ten people see the runs I made that day.
Yes I had the original spark plugs ,wires & cap & rotor. I changed them not too long ago.
I had a hard time passing smog for some reason here in Ca. So I just decided to put new plugs Cap & rotor, then it passed easy.
The truck was running great... but it did not pass smog check until I changed the previous things, go figure?
There are other ways to make your truck faster , one part being able to cool the intake MAT temps & keep them cool.
Thanks for your interest! & the info.!!!
I am not running a Pitbull chip anymore.
 
Last edited:
Top