stock turbo to intercooler hose

garyhgaryh

New member
I'm looking for a replacement turbo to intercooler hose. Truck is all stock.
I need it rather quickly because my neighbor reported my truck as a junk vehicle and I need to prove its a running truck to the county inspector. Today I noticed that hose is in bad shape when changing the battery. Can I get one from my local auto parts?

I live in the bay area (CA).

Thanks,
Gary
 

Damian

Member
Re: stock turbo to intercooler hose

RPM has them, and search for the radiator hose part number that people use too.
 

garyhgaryh

New member
Re: stock turbo to intercooler hose

RPM has them, and search for the radiator hose part number that people use too.

thanks Damian. I search for almost 30 mins and I can't find the hose part number. Anyone?

I searches ic hose, turbo to ic hose, etc etc.

Thanks,
Gary
 

garyhgaryh

New member
Re: stock turbo to intercooler hose

after over an hour of searching I found it:

TURBO TO INTERCOOLER HOSE
The stock turbo to intercooler hose has a tight bend and its ribbed construction causes turbulence in the airflow. Replacing the hose with a section of radiator hose with a suitably smooth bend will help airflow. The original prototype Sy's have been seen with this kind of hose setup.
Trac Auto has a radiator hose (Part #70689) that fits just fine with a little trimming or use the Goodyear part #60914.

A radiator hose from a GM truck, GM part number 15684449, has several 90 (or near 90) degree bends in it, and it's possible to make at least two (and maybe three) turbo to intercooler hoses out of it.

Hope this help others who need this part.
Gary
92 GMC typhoon
 

henry283

Member
Re: stock turbo to intercooler hose

I live down in Cupertino and have a couple of typhoons that are on jack stands. If you want to borrow a hose to get past the ispector I'm sure we can figure something out. I don't want to sell them since I need em but I'd be happy to help out a fellow board member.
 

garyhgaryh

New member
Re: stock turbo to intercooler hose

I live down in Cupertino and have a couple of typhoons that are on jack stands. If you want to borrow a hose to get past the ispector I'm sure we can figure something out. I don't want to sell them since I need em but I'd be happy to help out a fellow board member.

Thanks Henry for your offer. I picked up an AC Delco 24145L hose, but it sure looks bigger than the stock one I have.

I am still looking for the Goodyear 60914 as I like the way it's made - the 90 deg bend is molded and looks rigid.

Anyone know where I can get this hose in the Bay Area? I tried goodyear service center, o'Rielly (aka Kragens), Napa, and a few other places and no one sells the Good Year hoses.

Someone must know where I can get one in the bay area (CA).

Anyone know if IJ is still on this board?

Thanks everyone that responded (92TyLA, Damian, and Henry). I appreciate you helping an old timer ty owner!

BTW, the latest news from the county inspector is that for me to certify the car is not a junk vehicle, it has to start and idle and move under it's down power and stop with brakes.
I should have no problems with this, except when the truck is warm the idle is low and the truck dies!

I also noticed a rate was living inside the hood of the typhoon. It chewed up a ground wire connection. I'll take pics of it tonight and perhaps someone can tell me what device this ground connects to...

Gary
 

Throws

Active member
Re: stock turbo to intercooler hose

I got one off an '74 International... Has a nice 90 in it... Let me see if I can find the part #.

-P
 

yar

Donating Member
Re: stock turbo to intercooler hose

Go to Napa they can do a crossover from the Goodyear # 60914
Good luck
Ray
 

garyhgaryh

New member
Re: stock turbo to intercooler hose

Go to Napa they can do a crossover from the Goodyear # 60914
Good luck
Ray

they cross ref the part to the gates part # (and to their internal part no). The gates hose is a heavy duty flex hose with too many ridges on it for my liking. It's usable, but I'm not going with the gates brand.
 
Top