sy #1585 tear down

Dsy91

Donating Member
It's started the past couple of days I've been slowly tearing down the Syclone recently aquired. I removed the fmic and found a plastic bag inside the inlet along with antifreeze and oil the turbo is seized. I think it may have a 20g turbo not sure won't know until I get it off. The fmic is 4 1/2 in thick so thick the previous owner ground the inside of the grill to make room. He took off to much now the grill insert is hanging on by a thread. I did check the ecm for any signs it had a tune and there is a pitbull chip in it. I'm looking forward to driving it ONE DAY!!!!:D
 

Syclone0565

CustomMulticades.com
Re: sy #1585 tear down

Good Luck. We all started somewhere. Its actually fun to tear them down and rebuild them with new and upgraded parts. Have fun and if you run into anything along the way you need help with I am sure there are several on here that have been through it and have the answers.
 

Dsy91

Donating Member
Re: sy #1585 tear down

the tear down and rebuild I have no problem with its tuning that eludes me. I have owned a few turbo DSM cars and learned how to get a good enough tune on those to keep from blowing the engine. These look to be different its going to be a process for sure.
 

Syclone0565

CustomMulticades.com
Re: sy #1585 tear down

the tear down and rebuild I have no problem with its tuning that eludes me. I have owned a few turbo DSM cars and learned how to get a good enough tune on those to keep from blowing the engine. These look to be different its going to be a process for sure.

Well on your down time while your waiting on parts and time to put it back together read up on TunerPro. I am sure you can get help in here from others that have done the same mods you have in mind.
 

Dsy91

Donating Member
Re: sy #1585 tear down

any pictures?

Haven't taken any yet I'm in the process of building a shop but I will take some soon. Between work and the shop I'm not able to do much wrenching but I will be able to devote more time to it soon.
 

Dsy91

Donating Member
Re: sy #1585 tear down

Well on your down time while your waiting on parts and time to put it back together read up on TunerPro. I am sure you can get help in here from others that have done the same mods you have in mind.

I'm wanting 450 to 500 to the ground so it shouldn't be to difficult.
 
Top