Syclone #0411

h0twh3els

New member
Hey Everyone,

A few months ago I purchased one of T-Bones prized possessions, and I'm finally flying out the 20th of this month to pick it up and drive it home.

The real reason for this post is to publicly announce to everyone how honest and upfront T-Bone is about everything. Let me say he's done nothing but favor after favor for me.

1. I bought the truck knowing it had a small oil leak. T-Bone brought it to his local speed shop for a Synthetic Oil change, and asked them if they could find the leak. The did, a small bit of oil was coming from the PS rear VC. T-Bone asked them to fix it. The owner of the speed shop, noticed one of the roller rockers was a little noisy, without hesitation T-Bone had him investigate. Turns out, the studs needed new locking nuts, so T-Bone had him due both sides, re-adjust the lash and torque the nuts to spec. 7hrs of labor + materials. Let me remind you, I've paid for the truck in full, technically I own it. When I got the e-mail from T-Bone, he didn't ask for a SINGLE penny reimbursement for parts and labor he put into my truck, not even his.

2. He wen't and had the truck fully detailed on his own dime, again not asking me for a penny.

3. He's dropping the truck off to a mobility dealership an hour away so they can install hand controls for me (I use a wheelchair). Again, hasn't asked for a penny.

4. To top it off, he offered to pick my friend and I up at the airport Friday morning and drive me to the mobility dealership so I didn't have to pay for a taxi. Again, not a single penny asked for.

When I talked to T-Bone on the phone about the speed shop, his response "I spoke to my wife about it, and I want to make sure everything is going to be perfect for you and your ride back home". He didn't have to do ANYTHING, as he had already stated it had an oil leak.

I cannot say a single bad thing about T-Bone and my dealings with him. He has absolutely 100% changed my opinion about buying things (like a truck) from a distance. I would not hesitate for a micro second to purchase ANYTHING from T-Bone and I would express the same to anyone on here who is looking to buy anything from him.

This man is truly one of a kind, he's done everything I asked him to do plus more without hesitation. By far one of the nicest, most sincere people I've had the pleasure of meeting.

So this is a big shout out to T-Bone for being an excellent person and a valued member of our close nit community.

Chris
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Syclone #0411

A true measure of a good seller is when a problem arises. Glad to hear everything worked out for you.
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Syclone #0411

Hey Chris, somehow I missed your post :).

Thanks for the public kudo's though they were totally not required. I try to treat others as I would have them treat me, though at times I forget that principle and treat others the way they deserve to be treated (ha). I am super excited for you and looking forward to meeting you (and your friend) in person next Friday. I know without a doubt you will be elated with the truck, especially when you see it, drive it and hear the turbo spool while your neck vertebrae compress. If you are not presently addicted to anything, that will change next Friday.....I promise. Nothing is harder for me than staying out of boost pressure.....and getting thumbs up from passer-by's always delights :tup:
 

dcracer

New member
Re: Syclone #0411

Originally Posted by viperracing View Post
shaun is a first class stand up guy.
x2
x3
 

bezerk

New member
Re: Syclone #0411

sweet, can you make a few pics about the controls? for the wheelchair.. i wondered about it before.
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Syclone #0411

Shaun, how many syclones are you down too?

4......and the one I got from you is not going anywhere anytime soon :). It and the Aspen Ty will be with me for a looooooonnngg time!!!!!!


Which truck did you purchase from t-bone?

This one. Jeff Scott tuned it last fall and it runs absolutely perfect. Original paint, no rust at all (CA truck), no skeletons;
 
Last edited:

ziembic

Donating Member
Re: Syclone #0411

4......and the one I got from you is not going anywhere anytime soon :). It and the Aspen Ty will be with me for a looooooonnngg time!!!!!!




This one. Jeff Scott tuned it last fall and it runs absolutely perfect. Original paint, no rust at all (CA truck), no skeletons;

hey, did you lose the wing off your suby?
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Syclone #0411

hey, did you lose the wing off your suby?

Yes, I hated it from the day I bought the car. The WRX wing looks much better in my opinion.

It didn't stay stock long.

AccessPort tune
Invidia Titanium exhaust
Invidia downpipe
G-Force 2 piece 18" wheels
Perrin short ram intake
CF hood scoop

Cusco coilovers are waiting for install but I have been ultra busy lately. Don't drive it a whole lot but when I do, it is MEGA fun. Just rolled over 20,000 last weekend.
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: Syclone #0411

h0twh3els, are you the same h0twh3els from up my way?

Pretty sure he is. Sadly, he was involved in a vehicle incident Monday and fractured his pelvis as a result. His good friend flew in this morning and left with the Sy about 0930. Last I heard (2:00 PM), he was headed toward Cincinatti enroute to NY and was enjoying every mile :tup:

Sure hoping Chris makes a speedy recovery. He was sooo looking forward to driving the truck today and I hate the fact that it didn't work out for him.
 
Top