This truck has consumed my life!

saeedbeck

Member
Thank God for this website because this Ty has consumed my life since I bought it. Unfortunately, my Ty was only 100% for a couple of weeks before I began to have problems. It still kicks ass but I know how much more it kicked ass when it was healthy. Now, all I do is surf this site for tips, parts, and pictures. I used to go to clubs and bars and spend money on clothes, but now it's datamaster, silicone vacuum lines, lowering blocks, wheel spacers, and really wide tires. Thing is, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the clubs, bars, and good clothes as much as I would if my Ty was running good.
 

Bill Z

Donating Member
Re: This truck has consumed my life!

I'll pray for you. You need a meaningful life. The trucks are fun but they shouldn't be your life.
 

Daron

Active member
Re: This truck has consumed my life!

I would argue his life is more meaningful now. At least homey is learning something useful. I am not a big bar type of guy. I would rather get drunk in my garage while working on my truck...

Bill is right though, moderation is the key to longetivity in this hobby. I would say the cyber side of the SyTy hobby can take some serious time, maybe that could be better spent elsewhere. I found that I benefit from taking a break from the internet and sometimes even my trucks.
 

QUICK STORM

B.A.M.F. BMW Tech
Re: This truck has consumed my life!

well my ty is definately a consuming part of my lifestyle. i'm also not a bar type either. i would rather just cruise around in the truck(when i finish it) or maybe one when i get a sport bike just take a ride.
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: This truck has consumed my life!

saeedbeck said:
lowering blocks, wheel spacers, and really wide tires. .

Well there ya go...spending money and time on things that won't really make it go any faster or keep it healthy.

You want to club hop AND own a SyTy? Keep it stock, don't daily drive it, and stay on top of things as needed. Life will be good. My :2cents:
 

Typhoon1099

New member
That bad? sorry to hear that. I own a 93 all white TY with 20k miles on it. I'm not looking forward to problems. whats wrong?
 

JSM

Active member
Re: This truck has consumed my life!

If you looking for a way out, this is probably not a good place. All of us here are consumed with these trucks and suffer the same traits.

Consider this place AA meetings for syty owners.

I promise I am not consumed. Don't you need MORE than 4 trucks in your driveway to be consumed.... o wait make that 5...
 

Typower

It's not a jimmy!!!!
Re: This truck has consumed my life!

I agree thank God for this forum!!! Just because one spends more money on Ty parts than groceries doesn't mean you are consumed...does it
 

Tooky

Serious about performance
Re: This truck has consumed my life!

Welcome to Hot Rodding!! All of my Hot Rod friends are the same way. The faster you go, the more time it consumes. (It's even worse with a SyTy). When I bought my truck in 2001 I couldn't change my own oil. Now all I think about is horsepower and everything associated with it. My girlfriend says it's all I talk about and that I can relate any subject, to horsepower. It's a complete obsession! I keep telling her that once I do heads and cam in my truck, it will be the most significant day of my life so far. That's how strongly I am looking forward to it!!!

I used to waste my time on other less fulfilling hobbies as well, but Auto Racing (and Engine Building) are two of man's finest competitions in my opinion!! And it is the difficulty and complexity of the topic that makes it so worthwhile to conquer.
 

bigK

New member
Re: This truck has consumed my life!

I've owned my Typhoon for about 2 years now and I drive it everyday except for winter time. It's mostly stock and it has 100K miles on it. Thing about it is, and maybe I've been luckier than most, but I have had very little trouble with. I keep it tuned up, oil changed and I drive it. I say do both, go to the club one week and buy a part the next. You gotta live man. Just my opinion.
 

gjp

another post whore
Re: This truck has consumed my life!

My truck has consumed by bank account.LOL

Our lives is what we chose them to be. Like any high performance toy, these trucks take time, money and TLC.
 
Top