Tranny shops in CO

0966Sy

Code what?
Re: Tranny shops in CO

Check freight to me Jay, to a buisness. PM me and I'll send you the address. I have a freind that is building my trans looking for more work. Could make you a super deal
 

mikew

New member
Re: Tranny shops in CO

I have not heard of them either way. I have always used Custom Transmission on Morison road and have been happy.
 

tech9

ABS Expert
Re: Tranny shops in CO

I have Don at Transmission Clinic in Colorado Springs work on mine. He knows pretty much everything about trannys, inside and out. Someone put the wrong valve plate on my Syclone, and it was causing shifts to be super super rough, now with the correct plate were back in business, I was tired of going through stoplights screeching all 4 :)
 

Monopoly

New member
Re: Tranny shops in CO

If you want the absolute best and are in Colorado, Brian Hartman is your man. He is however, more than double what another good shop will charge.

For the rebuild on my last truck I used Custom Transmission as well and was happy with the work. He has done multiple sy/ty's over the years and knows what needs to be done with them. He will also warrenty the work if you desire.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Tranny shops in CO

I have Don at Transmission Clinic in Colorado Springs work on mine. He knows pretty much everything about trannys, inside and out. Someone put the wrong valve plate on my Syclone, and it was causing shifts to be super super rough, now with the correct plate were back in business, I was tired of going through stoplights screeching all 4 :)

I'll let Don do my work trucks but not my TY. I argued with him for almost a half an hour that SYTY transmissions are NOT Corvette transmissions. If you ask me, you're sure to get back a different valve body and sep plate. Unless he has finally come around and did some research on it. As of about three or four years ago though, he insisted this was the case. I certainly would not turn his work away if he is doing it but if you use him, insist that he re-use your VB and plate, check it when you get it back too. Other than that, Don is a great guy and runs a great shop.
 

tech9

ABS Expert
Re: Tranny shops in CO

There are different plates, the TTA actually has "tta" stamped on the plate, a little different pressures, etc.

Upon inspection on my old plate, it was wrong, not sure what happened there, but someone had the tranny apart before as there was a billet servo installed also. Since I doubt it will ever find a syty plate (if there is such thing) the plate he put in there for me, for a normal 4L60 700r4 whatever you want to call it. Shifts perfect, and in the worst case, I would assume the shift points might be slightly different.

I know in the grand national world, these are very sought after:
http://www.ckperformance.com/resources/GM4L60ETRANSMISSIONS.html
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Tranny shops in CO

SYTY plates have GS or DT stamped on them. I have one of each. They make a difference. I'm almost positive you can make other plates work fine but it's the valve body itself with that plate that makes the SYTY shift the way its supposed to combined with the governor of course.
 

JAY

Donating Member
Re: Tranny shops in CO

Thanks for all the input. I need to get this thing pulled out of the truck. Hopefully I can get it running by next summer.
 

Ry368

one mile = 5280 feet
Re: Tranny shops in CO

There is NOBODY worth a phuck in Colorado for ANY race trans! Call Carl at Rossler and never look back.
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Tranny shops in CO

There is NOBODY worth a phuck in Colorado for ANY race trans! Call Carl at Rossler and never look back.

What are you talking about? You mean the $6k stage 25 race trans with stock parts isn't any good? Dang it, I was saving money in my piggy bank for it.
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: Tranny shops in CO

There is NOBODY worth a phuck in Colorado for ANY race trans! Call Carl at Rossler and never look back.

Bully has a guy that obviously knows WTF he's doing, but other than that I wouldn't trust any shop in Co.
 
Top